Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine 1st model Eickhorn etched dagger

Article about: Hi guys, here's a new addition to my Kriegsmarine collection, there's lots of hand enhancement on this dagger and some interesting numbers on the stem of the release button, looks like a 7 a

Default Kriegsmarine 1st model Eickhorn etched dagger

Hi guys, here's a new addition to my Kriegsmarine collection, there's lots of hand enhancement on this dagger and some interesting numbers on the stem of the release button, looks like a 7 and maybe an 8 or a 3, if anyone knows what these are I would be interested to know, probably just something like a factory item number though. This dagger has the early rope bands on the lightning bolt scabbard, which gives the scabbard I think a more nortical look from the leafed band type. The top eyelet has some good swing wear on the inside which I like to see, it shows the dagger was worn a lot. The acanthus leaves at the bottom are the straight pointed ones, these were used early on before the companies (all except Alcoso) changed their design to the arched ones. The blade has the stamped 33-35 double oval Eickhorn maker mark and has the fouled anchor etch which I believe was the only etch used by Eickhorn on their Navys. The pommel is the cresting waves and reeds ball pommel, I think this also looks more nautical than the eagle pommel although the eagle pommel does look good though. This 1st model has lots of different features from the Eickhorn 2nd model so I've included a picture of the 2 together to show the differences and 2 group shots of it with the rest of my Kriegs collection. Hope you enjoy the pics (camera phone again) and feel free to comment.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 1st model Eickhorn etched dagger   Kriegsmarine 1st model Eickhorn etched dagger  

Kriegsmarine 1st model Eickhorn etched dagger   Kriegsmarine 1st model Eickhorn etched dagger  

Kriegsmarine 1st model Eickhorn etched dagger   Kriegsmarine 1st model Eickhorn etched dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 1st model Eickhorn etched dagger
    P
    Many

very nice dagger.

Thanks for the comment harry much appreciated.

?

I really love your new addition! Very nice piece and very hard to find in todays market as well. It certainly makes a nice display with your other fine looking kriegsmarine daggers. Thanks for showing

Danny

Thanks Danny your expert opinion is valued and much appreciated.

?

Beauty!!!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

?

a lovely grouping!!
    Thx for showing,

Ger