Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Kriegsmarine 1st model Höller etched dagger with m38 pommel orange grip and portepee

Article about: Hello Gentlemen. Here is my early KM dagger by Höller. Best, Oleg.

The pad on my early Holler is also red.
    Attached Images Attached Images Kriegsmarine 1st model Höller etched dagger with m38 pommel orange grip and portepee 
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 1st model Höller etched dagger with m38 pommel orange grip and portepee
    P
    Many

Oleg, I love the dagger and I love the pictures it really shows off the dagger. The cat anus portepee looks good, a perfect example. Great dagger!!!!!!
    Marty

?

Tomaz,
    please take a look at the Marty`s dagger by Höller.
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/krieg...dagger-628161/

And at these daggers.

Kriegsmarine 1st model Höller etched dagger with m38 pommel orange grip and portepeeKriegsmarine 1st model Höller etched dagger with m38 pommel orange grip and portepee

?

Thanks Marty, if none of these daggers have been messed with this just shows that textbook is not always limited to only one particular overall design, and genuine variations can be seen.

?

I would say that both types of the pads are correct for Höller.

I do not believe my dagger has been messed with. I just called the guy a bought mine from and it is vet aquired so in recent times mine as not been touched.
    Marty

?

A Holler KM dagger is not determined by whether it has a felt red buffer pad, or came with a leather one. Additionally, to say that a Holler KM dagger will only have the springy decorative grip wire, is incorrect as well. Sometimes we as collectors are over the top on "textbook this, and textbook that". And speaking of textbook............what the heck does that term mean, anyhow? That in itself is oxymoron in regards to 3rd Reich edged weapons.

?

Of course Höller has used only the springy decorative grip wire. And only Höller has used it.

?

Holler KM daggers, yes are seen with springy decorative grip wire. They are also found with double twisted brass wire too. It's like I said above, it is not the grip wire that determines a period produce Holler KM dagger. And it's not whether the buffer pad is made out of red felt or leather, that determines the originality of the dagger.

?

Many daggers have a parts of other daggers and other manufacturers. But no one knows who and when has installed these parts. Perhaps a collector without sufficient knowledge or dealer, which it does not matter what he sells. For a KM daggers there are enough solid criteria for determining the originality and completenesd of the dagger.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast