Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

An early KM dagger by Höller.

Article about: Hello Gentlemen. Here is my early KM dagger by Höller. Best, Oleg.

?

Even though the dagger that started this topic has the atypical red buffer pad, and different throat screws, both of which can be seen from time to time on Holler Navies. But take a look at the grip wire that was mentioned. It is slanted from the top left running down to the crossguard on the lower right. Now that is something that is rarely ever seen, and certainly out of the norm for any KM dagger. Perhaps a rejected grip that a worker grabbed by mistake. Hard to really say for sure.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

My new one is the same. Was it just done on the early daggers
    Attached Images Attached Images  

?

Interesting and something for a research project !

?

Quote by JRMeda View Post
    Even though the dagger that started this topic has the atypical red buffer pad, and different throat screws, both of which can be seen from time to time on Holler Navies. But take a look at the grip wire that was mentioned. It is slanted from the top left running down to the crossguard on the lower right. Now that is something that is rarely ever seen, and certainly out of the norm for any KM dagger. Perhaps a rejected grip that a worker grabbed by mistake. Hard to really say for sure.

It is not really hard to say. All you have mentioned are very good and typical characteristics of the early KM daggers by Höller.
    I have tested many daggers and know that the textbooks are really exist and they have many important features to determine the originality and completeness.
    Best,
    Oleg.

?

https://www.lakesidetrader.com/Archi...m.php?ID=12252

Has same grip but with twisted wire and Eickhorn scabbard but from same early time frame.

?

It's just a parts dagger, Tomaz.
    Best,
    Oleg.

What makes this one from post 25 a parts dagger? I would think that Paul would have caught that fact. Marty

?

The scabbard looks for me like an Eickhorn scabbard of a Reichsmarine dagger M29 pattern. The grip wiring seems to be replaced.
    Best,
    Oleg.

Yes Oleg I'm curious also of your accusation that its a parts dagger. There are many variables that continue to uncover in details of fittings during these present days ...and all untouched and some documented coming from the original German owner.
    If you call period sales catalogs "text book"... You are grossly disillusioned. As I have mentioned before take into consuderation that other producers and sub contractors were included in the assembly \ production of these pieces. Red felt buffer pads did not distinguish between producters and time periods .. Nor did leather buffers. What was readily available or a sub contractor \ producer ..may have offered a better price in fittings to meet a quota.

Yes the majority or a good 95% if these navals were pretty much consistent. I would encourage a deeper dig before forming any conclusions without solid fact . take your time ...study more. Glad you posting too.

The remainig 5% of what has not been consistent should be studied more closely before making a statement that may accidentally bin an authentic period artifact. I say this as a whole and not only for just daggers.

Any typos I may have incurred in my reply... I apologize for as I'm typing from a tablet. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I really love that early Höller navy you posted Oleg! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Danny

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast