Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Imperial Eickhorn dagger with m38 pommel and orange grip

Article about: its been around a long time so the etching is faded.

?

Default Imperial Eickhorn dagger with m38 pommel and orange grip

Hi guys, I picked this up yesterday but daggers aren't what I generally collect so have no idea on this apart from its an early dagger possibly imperial with later pommel from when they were told to change them, the blade is engraved but its hard to photograph, all opinions welcomed rgds Dave
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Eickhorn dagger with m38 pommel and orange grip   Imperial Eickhorn dagger with m38 pommel and orange grip  

Imperial Eickhorn dagger with m38 pommel and orange grip   Imperial Eickhorn dagger with m38 pommel and orange grip  

Imperial Eickhorn dagger with m38 pommel and orange grip   Imperial Eickhorn dagger with m38 pommel and orange grip  

Imperial Eickhorn dagger with m38 pommel and orange grip  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Eickhorn dagger with m38 pommel and orange grip
    P
    Many

?

I forgot to add the crossguard and scabbard are magnetic ,

Early dagger that Dave with celluloid grip, it looks etched blade mate but cant really tell I am pretty positive its not Damascus though, could you mail me better pics (close up)
    Danny is the guy on these he should be able to tell you more about it,
    hope this helps a little cheers,
    Ronnie

here is his collection

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...tors-211281-8/

its a good one with etched blade.

Top quality piece! Probably saw 2 world wars.

Hthis eickhornmark was used in 1916-22 years...a beautiful weimar kriegsmarine dagger upgrated...yes ithink it saw both the wars....so beautiful

An Imperial WWI era Eickhorn that had it's pommel swapped to convert it to a WWII model. You wonder who carried it? A career Navy man or did a father give his dagger to his son? Either way, a fine dagger and uncommon. Personally, I think the Imperial Crossguards look better than the TR models. Nice find!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Great Imperial/TR dagger. It appears to be just
    as you say - swapped out pommel.
    Congrats.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Hi Scrooge..i think you done very well with this find!!...hard to come by as what has already been said..the hammered scabbard is at extra cost to the original owner. Ronnie is right ...I see some remnants of an etch...but at a quick glance it looked like a plain blade. Kriegsmarine daggers from both periods...dresses up any collection. Nice find. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi Dave, as others already said this is a nice imperial dagger with a TR pommel. I also think the grip is a TR piece. It is not uncommon to see these imperial pieces with the later TR pommel. Some officers that served during WW1 also served in WW2 and were allowed to keep their dagger. They just had to switch out the pommel for the new TR one. Interesting is that the pommel is clearly a product of WKC. Too bad the scabbard has been heavily cleaned at some point. Most of the gilding has disappeared. Anyhow, nice piece of history

Danny

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast