Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with portepee

Article about: The reason for the differences in toning between the scabbard and the dagger itself could be because someone has polished the eagle and crossguard - they look too glossy or shiny compared to

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with portepee

Hi All,
    I got this early bring back Naval Dagger for a very good price, the scabbard has some dents and I have seen that alot with naval daggers only and I always wondered why so much on the navies as compared to others, maybe the soft brass material? the fouled anchor style blade/etch is nice, just minor spots here and there, most of the gilt is gone from the fittings but the brass looks good/cleaned, the brass scabbard has a smooth glossy feel almost shalacked appearence, and the blade fits nicely despite the dents, buffer pad is intact and it came with the original golden color portepee, which will take me forever trying to properly tie....... my question is that the front of the eagle is on the same side as the button....from others I have seen the button was always the back of the blade, the pommel fits tight so it is on properly, was there a variation? Lakeside has an Eickhorn on his site that is the same way, button on the front, but all others button is on back, any thoughts or opinons about this dagger is greatly appreciated, thanks for any help you can provide!
    Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with portepeeKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with portepeeKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with portepeeKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with portepeeKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with portepeeKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with portepeeKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with portepeeKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with portepeeKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with portepeeKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with portepeeKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with portepeeKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with portepeeKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with portepee

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with portepee
    P
    Many

Default re: Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with portepee

The dagger is fine.

But the release button should always be at the back.

There is a guide somewhere on the forum on how to tie the knot. I think Ronnie posted it?

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Original Carl Eickhorn dagger, but scabbard,does not originate from the same dagger.
    Realising button ond the blade and scabbard are not the same color.

Regards
    Vedran

Thanks guys, I solved the pommel problem, I believe it was just overturned, possibley due to the grip shrinking over time, I took it off and moved the handle up a hair then screwed it back on, now it faces the proper way and still snug, the scabbard is duller/darker then the crossgaurd and feels like its been waxed over in a preserving way. Im not sure if all scabbards were gilted and some left brass. I have seen many that do not match. I will post another pic when all is fixed and the portepee is on correctly.

If the realising button color does not match with the color of scabbard, then we have the case of replacement scabbard or blade/realising button.
    First rule when buying TR. K.M. daggers.

Regards
    Vedran
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with portepee  

?

Always wanted one of these, they are so cool!

Ryan

Here is a pick of how to tie the knot i posted some time ago (great memory Ade) hope this helps,
    cheers Ronnie

P.S i wouldnt worry about the release button being more shiney, they protrude from the rest of the dagger and often receive more rubbing because of the way they were suspended during wear (both my dagger buttons are shiney and without doubt havent been replaced although yours is slightly brighter but it wouldnt bother me
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with portepee  

Ok I got it all properly put together, I officially joined the secret knot tying club haha, I like the fact that the portepee is the proper golden color unlike so many you see with heer portepee's on them, it is alittle bit frayed at the top but still nice, and looks much better now! Im sure Ade will agree I tried taking some better photos of the button also, if the scabbard isnt original to the dagger I will not cry since I paid about half price what these go for, but it sure does fit nice
    Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with portepeeKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with portepeeKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with portepeeKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with portepeeKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with portepeeKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with portepeeKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with portepee

Great job Maximus!!!!
    cheers Ronnie

The sheath's on Navy daggers get dented from men wearing them and walking through bulkhead doors. The daggers bang against them and get dented. No such danger to Army or SS daggers, etc.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast