Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Kriegsmarrine 2nd model Klaas U-Boat etched dagger and WKC Eickhorn daggers collection

Article about: Hello gents, As promised, I want to show you some of my new purchases and a few daggers remaining in my collection for many years. Danny here they go Start with Alcoso. Enjoy Sorge

?

That's a great looking dagger Sorge, the gold guilt is fantastic. Interesting that the top band with the acorn in the middle and not unlike the ones seen on smaller producers is different from the bottom band with the large leaf normally seen on these unmarked WKCs. Now that's got me thinking lol. Possibly the whole leaf pattern has been moved around the scabbard.

Best Tomaz.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarrine 2nd model Klaas U-Boat etched dagger and WKC Eickhorn daggers collection
    P
    Many

?

Beatiful unmarked WKC. The guilding is fantastic. Sharp eye Tomaz. I think you are right that the acorn probably is on the other side of the scabbardband.

Danny

?

Quote by dr73 View Post
    Sharp eye Tomaz. I think you are right that the acorn probably is on the other side of the scabbardband.

Danny
    Exactly on the edge
    This type of scabbard bands is often found on the others unmarked WKC from this period.

Sorge
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarrine 2nd model Klaas U-Boat etched dagger and WKC Eickhorn daggers collection   Kriegsmarrine 2nd model Klaas U-Boat etched dagger and WKC Eickhorn daggers collection  

Kriegsmarrine 2nd model Klaas U-Boat etched dagger and WKC Eickhorn daggers collection  

?

Sometimes we can find some differences arising from the year of production, available components, etc.
    Almost the twin brothers from my collection with a slightly different type of scabbard bands.

Sorge
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarrine 2nd model Klaas U-Boat etched dagger and WKC Eickhorn daggers collection   Kriegsmarrine 2nd model Klaas U-Boat etched dagger and WKC Eickhorn daggers collection  

Kriegsmarrine 2nd model Klaas U-Boat etched dagger and WKC Eickhorn daggers collection   Kriegsmarrine 2nd model Klaas U-Boat etched dagger and WKC Eickhorn daggers collection  

Kriegsmarrine 2nd model Klaas U-Boat etched dagger and WKC Eickhorn daggers collection   Kriegsmarrine 2nd model Klaas U-Boat etched dagger and WKC Eickhorn daggers collection  

?

Here is my plain blade unmarked WKC with the plain eyelets. The gilding is much better than shown as it has some patina on it, I have always wondered with navy daggers, should the patina be cleaned off to show the gilding or should it be left on as patina is considered desirable, but then we cant see the gilding.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarrine 2nd model Klaas U-Boat etched dagger and WKC Eickhorn daggers collection  

Leave the Patina on IMO...as it would be very desirable not to remove ones skin from their body.

All joking aside....with some collectors...it would devalue the dagger if it were removed...only if you were going to sell it.
    If its a keeper..for life..then the value is placed upon your own hands.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

No no no never touch patina, you will regret it since you transform the item into a "new look," in other words: Not original anymore for those of the collectors out there who like everything absolutely untouched

?

Quote by TrondK View Post
    No no no never touch patina, you will regret it since you transform the item into a "new look," in other words: Not original anymore for those of the collectors out there who like everything absolutely untouched
    1+

?

I agree, the patina is definitely staying on. Was just curious to see what others preferred to see.

Quote by Tomaz View Post
    I agree, the patina is definitely staying on. Was just curious to see what others preferred to see.
    An intact patina fan myself, these are some wonderful daggers to look at - Thanks for Sharing. Does anyone have any military purchase types they would like to share? Which from a personal perspective finding what the baseline for the government purchase types instructive as compared to the private purchase types. Best Regards, Fred

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast