Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

German Kriegsmarine Dagger

Article about: German Kriegsmarine Dagger Is it real? I'm not that good with Daggers and I saw this one, and it took my intrest. Worth in this condision? Thank you guys! Attachment 270051 Attachment 270054

Default German Kriegsmarine Dagger

Is it real? I'm not that good with Daggers and I saw this one, and it took my intrest.
    Worth in this condision?
    Thank you guys!

Attachment 270051

Attachment 270054

Attachment 270052

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement German Kriegsmarine Dagger
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: German Kriegsmarine Dagger

wrong knot for the dagger. not great pictures, can't see the pommel. blade looks like an original non engraved Eickhorn, in not the best condition.
    andrew

So I guess it's bad because of the knot? =/

Original plain blade Eickorn, in poor condition, as stated it has totally the incorrect knot with it. Parade bayonet knot i think, I would wait for a cleaner example, unless it's cheap as chips, less than £200

I might get it for 120£

it should break for more than that, to be honest, if it's THAT cheap, post better pictures, before you buy. Just to be sure, although the knot would sell for £30, blade (depending on close inspection £40-50. Grip (if not damaged) 35-40 Pommel 20 cross guard 20-25, scabbard 40 That is of course, if you're willing to put money into a pup, and wait for your money to get returned. Personally, if you want a decent navy dagger, save up and buy the best you can ONCE! otherwise you end up with a crap collection, that you'll never be able to sell, if you ever had to

JMO

Quote by Sebastian View Post
    I might get it for 120£
    I believe the knot is for a police bayonet, looks to be in good condition, worth a few dollars on it's own. If the handle is not damaged I would think that it is worth that price. The blade can be cleaned up a bit.
    Just MHO.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Collectors want nice blades not with that kind of corroision.Knot as stated belongs on a bayonet such as a police type.Try to buy a nicer Navy than that as its a fairly common dagger.When you go to sell that piece someday no one will really give it a second look.Carl

If someone wants an example to display in the sheath on a tunic, this would be a good one for that. If one wants to display it out of the sheath, not one I would recommend.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

in defense of the hobby as a whole. junk is relative. not every one can afford, or find "minty" daggers. there seem's to be a place in someone's collection for all kinds of item's in any condition. from ground dug rusty thing's to stone cold mint, never seen the light of day items. if an item is an original item, beauty and value are in the eyes of the beholder. some even prefer salty to minty. the old saying is true. one man's junk is another man's treasure. obviously the knot needs to go on a different dagger, but if the dagger is all original it seems well worth the asking price, and would be treasured in many collections, now and later. keep in mind we all collect and enjoy different aspects of this hobby. i think i'm just trying to say, is if an item is authentic, be it mint condition, or a pile of rust. it has a place in the hobby dont you think?
    just an observation, i have no dog in this race. just trying to defend less than mint examples of any item.
    lol i'll shut up now

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast