Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster blade - Need Authentication

Article about: Is this Horster navy etched blade real or fake?

?

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster blade - Need Authentication

Is this Horster navy etched blade real or fake?
    Attached Images Attached Images Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster blade - Need Authentication  Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster blade - Need Authentication  Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster blade - Need Authentication  Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster blade - Need Authentication 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster blade - Need Authentication
    P
    Many

It appears so..except all the burnishing has been wiped off.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi Larry

I dont think this is Navy dagger blade, since I have a Kriegsmarine dagger from Eickhorn and its has the typical indentation and etching.

Which year is this blade from if it ever was a navy dagger blade? This blade does not have the indentation thats most navy daggers do.

Can you elaborate your response?

Thanks

The blade is Naval ..as no other German armed forces uses the " fowled anchor motif on their blades nor the art work.

K3CPIO..can you elaborate why you think this blade is not Naval ..or represents Naval ?

Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry, I think K3CPIO's question is regards the blade profile. I think he is referring to the blade being like a Heer dagger blade, that is without the double fuller along the length of the blade. It has naval style etching but unlike a Kriegsmarine blade I've seen before. Have another close look.

?

Hard to work this one out so i can only add some info, the blade is the center ridge type which are seen on imperials and from the pics it looks quite long which could also suggest imperial, iv'e compared the fouled anchor etch which is usually seen on Third Reich naval's and it appears to me to be correct but i don't know how hard it is to fake these, the maker mark looks to be etched so it could have been done post 38 as earlier Horster marks are stamped. The blade also does not have the usual ricasso but my knowledge of imperials is very limited, perhaps others may know. This could be an imperial with the etch added later, possibly when/if it went back to the factory to be updated to an M38, but this is just a guess.

Tomaz.

Thankyou Anderson....since there are only a few photos by K3 and nothing else...my apologies I should of elaborated further...that this blade ...lets just say
    " Resembles " a pre war Imperial Naval pattern blade not having the fuller. Im short for time at this early hour in the morning searching for an example and some can be found in Thomas Wittman and Ralf Siegerts Naval references.

If someone could post an example of what I am searching for..then I am thankful..and the thread advances.
    Also need Danny , Oleg and Tomaz to weigh in

Regards Larry

?

What you've got is a blade of a Dutch navy dagger. Here are some pictures of a complete dagger.

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster blade - Need Authentication   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster blade - Need Authentication  

?

Thanks to you folks for responding as this was marketed as a German navy dagger blade. In reality this is a Dutch make.

" In reality this is a Dutch make". It's made for the Dutch Navy. We now know that thanks to Danny. But the blade you have and in Danny's photos are marked "Horster" so it appears to be a contract made dagger by that Solingen company. Whether they made all parts or just the blade, further research would be needed.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast