Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Imperial Kruegsmarine Eickhorn damascus dagger with deluxe scabbard hanger belt and portepee

Article about: Hi guys, last time I showed a Eickhorn army dagger with Ivory grip. Maximus asked me to show a grip that wasn't so untouched . I promised him to show a dagger with a lot of hairline cracks t

?

Default Imperial Kruegsmarine Eickhorn damascus dagger with deluxe scabbard hanger belt and portepee

Hi guys,
    last time I showed a Eickhorn army dagger with Ivory grip. Maximus asked me to show a grip that wasn't so "untouched". I promised him to show a dagger with a lot of hairline cracks to make up for showing a perfect grip . Well here it is, a nice imperial navy dagger. I have to admit I like the cracks in the grip. But most of all I love the beautiful scabbard and Damascus blade. It wasn't easy to show the beauty of the blade in the pictures but I did the best I could. Ofcoarse it looks much better in hand. Enjoy the pictures.

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Kruegsmarine Eickhorn damascus dagger with deluxe scabbard hanger belt and portepee   Imperial Kruegsmarine Eickhorn damascus dagger with deluxe scabbard hanger belt and portepee  

Imperial Kruegsmarine Eickhorn damascus dagger with deluxe scabbard hanger belt and portepee   Imperial Kruegsmarine Eickhorn damascus dagger with deluxe scabbard hanger belt and portepee  

Imperial Kruegsmarine Eickhorn damascus dagger with deluxe scabbard hanger belt and portepee   Imperial Kruegsmarine Eickhorn damascus dagger with deluxe scabbard hanger belt and portepee  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Imperial Kruegsmarine Eickhorn damascus dagger with deluxe scabbard hanger belt and portepee
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Imperial Kruegsmarine Eickhorn damascus dagger with deluxe scabbard hanger belt and portepee

Hi Danny , what an amazing example , i could look at it for hours
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Default re: Imperial Kruegsmarine Eickhorn damascus dagger with deluxe scabbard hanger belt and portepee

superb.

Lol. Oh yes danny that dagger is a real roach, you better send it to me right away you dont want something like hanging around and uglying up your collection
    But seriously that is a work of art, the handle looks amazing and full of character, looking at it for hours would be a pleasure, pure eye candy once again.

?

Once again a superb piece Danny,and truly remarkable that it has survived in this condition over all these years, I wonder why the knots changed so drastically from WW1 to 2, that one looks pretty easy compared to the later bugger

Top of the Line WKC Ivory Damascus Navy!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

That is a very nice dagger.

Comparatively different ..the scabbard detail of the later version 1938 Kriegsmarine 2nd Model shows the differences in the craftmanship. Noticeable is the flower inlays throughout the scabbard..almost Asian in appearance,,,compared to the commonly seen later lightning bolt variety.

Also more interesting is the location of the WKC logo on the reverse side of the blade...most notably the 1938 versions are seen with the "Knights head logo on the obverse side of the blade. The Ivory grip is as pure as it gets,,,quite beautiful. Thanks Danny again for sharing these fine specimens. I said it before.....These Kriegsmarine daggers are Prestigious and in a class of its own Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Well Danny these Imperial daggers are very hard to find now a days.
    Not to mention a Damast and Ivory example, man you are spoiling us
    In every storyline there's suposed to be a build up towards a climax... i wonder what that might be!

Thx for showing this tunning dagger!

Ger

?

Thanks alot guys I agree that these pieces are true works of art. The craftsmenship is fantastic. Unfortunately, like Ger already stated, imperial navies are very hard to find nowadays.

Danny

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast