Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger

Article about: Opinions on this one please chaps. It belongs to a friend of mine and I have been meaning to try and buy the thing off him, but I just wanted to check things over first. Would about £400 be

Thank you for the expertise Danny. I imagine they can be a pain to reconstruct with the locking mechanism etc in the crossguard. If I get this one from my friend I with either leave the pommel loose but facing the right way, or slip some sort of easily removable 'washer' under the pommel to hold it fast.

Dan It's not mine yet but I do have a hunger for daggers. They are, dare I say, prettier than helmets. My heart with always be in Thale / Esslingen though fear not I was going to start with an RZM SA or an unmarked Army ot something else basic etc, but why not a KM I thought!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger
    P
    Many

Hi guys. I didn't know that this Eickhorn pattern mark is more rare.
    Mine has the same stamp.

Andy if i remember correctly my dagger has also the same issue with the pommel. When it's screwed all the way it faces on the wrong direction.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger  

Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

And yes the portepee is tight up in the Heer way
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

The Kriegsmarine dagger is quite attractive and with this type of dagger it takes one of these to dress up a collection. I can see your penchant for steel is growing If you delve into SA daggers nothing compares to an early period type. The craftsmanship can not be beaten.

@ Don that's a very nice Dagger and hangers you have thanks for showing this and contributing to this same logo type maker. Maybe possibly with this late production run as Danny specifies that these pommels did not tighten up perfectly. We see that with some of the varied late type daggers. Cool stuff,,thanks for showing. Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 07-31-2014 at 08:13 PM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

A fine one-looker original Eickhorn KM. The blade etch is particularly sharp and crisp. Not a whole lot of noticeable gilding left on it, but that is the norm for most KM's that you encounter. I've always wondered why they did not apply it thicker, considering the sea air environment that they had to exist it. And, yes, I fully agree that the twisted pommels you find are from the grip problems. They are more difficult to take down and reassemble than most would imagine. Now you need to pick yourself up a Portapee and tie it on proper!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2