Kriegsmarine 2nd model Dagger by WKC

Article about: I've been given a Kriegsmarine 2nd model Dagger by WKC by my father in-law. It was originally confiscated from the original owner by his father who was a MP at a British POW camp in southern

?

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model Dagger by WKC

I've been given a Kriegsmarine 2nd model Dagger by WKC by my father in-law. It was originally confiscated from the original owner by his father who was a MP at a British POW camp in southern England during WW2.
    It is in very good condition & came with the portapee too.
    My question is more around the scabbard as I cant find a similar model lightening version that has a figure 8 styled knot work starting from the 2 belt buckle loops.
    I know 2 daggers were confiscated & maybe the scabbards were mixed up years ago.
    Could someone please help advise me as to whether this could be an original pairing.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by Larry C; 07-08-2012 at 12:28 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kriegsmarine 2nd model Dagger by WKC

Is there any chance to see a photo of what it is you're describing? Thanks! William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Welcome top the forum, Zachan.

It would be good to see nice, clear photos
    of the dagger and scabbard.........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Am I able to send direct to your email address as I'm operating from my work computer & the internet allowance / ability to attach http links is severly limited.
    Cheers.

?

Sorry about the late replies, work issues - a major fire!
    the history around the dagger as stated to me is the following:
    - father in-laws father confiscated it off a German Officer in either Hamburg or Chelsea Park (?) POW camp immediately after the end of WW2.
    My father in-law remembers this & 1 other being in the family from his childhood, now 78yrs old.
    All indications of this lead to it not being a replica but maybe the scabbards were inadvertadly swapped early on?
    The portapee is in average condition considering age but is not presently knotted artound the dagger. Is an off white / silver appearance.
    I have also been given another solitary portapee that is shorter in length & has a red "head" on the "crown".
    Images of the dagger & scabbard to follw.

?

I believe you are describing the rings similar to the ones shown ! There is certainly nothing wrong with your scabbard if they are ! The dagger itself is probably an " earlier " 1920`s model , and i`d love to see some pics please if possible
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	33551i.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	131.0 KB 
ID:	367814  
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Hi Zachan,, take your time when posting photos ,, no one here wants you to get in trouble with your employer. The photos itself will tell a better story,, as this is what is needed to give you the correct answers. Welcome to the forum regards Larry