Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Kriegsmarine 2nd patter dress dagger with hanging chains and portepee

Article about: Got this one today, a 2nd pattern kriegsmarine dress dagger with chains and portepee, scabbard is in excellent condition no dents etc and the wire is on the grip, grip is also in excellent c

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd patter dress dagger with hanging chains and portepee

Got this one today, a 2nd pattern kriegsmarine dress dagger with chains and portepee, scabbard is in excellent condition no dents etc and the wire is on the grip, grip is also in excellent condition no cracks or anything. Thoughts etc welcome

Last edited by Gooner90; 09-23-2015 at 06:23 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

its a very nice set.

Please upload the pics using the forum uploader. Thanks!
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

very nice indeed congrats

Looks to have a nice amount of gilding left very nice my only comment would be that the pommel is facing the wrong direction ,maybe a case of being worn as a right hander? not sure Kriegsmarine regulations would have allowed this.Cheers,Paul

?

Welcome to Forum Gooner90! Good looking rig. I am curious and if I may ask if the hangers came with the dagger? I had a set of hangers that looked very, very similar I sold to River Valley Militaria a few months back. If these are not them the wear is identical and looks like missing prong eyelet from strap as mine used to have. The chain had lost much of its gold guild finish as well which I can see. Excited If they are that set it was a set in my family for a long time and look good with the age of your rig. Just curious if with your set I am happy you have them

War Relics Forum Sponsor
    My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Congratulations, looking great. These seem to be far and few between.

?

Great looking KM dagger, I have one ? do the hanging straps have a pattern of lines in the material going across the straps on an angle or is it just the way they look in the picture, I thought the pattern was supposed to go straight across from side to side.

An eyelet has been replaced on the belt part as looks as though the original was missing so there's a newer one.

Tomaz they are horizontal, it's just the camera/picture.
    Last edited by Gooner90; 09-25-2015 at 12:16 AM.