Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine Assault Dirk Question

Article about: Hi all...i've searched in the search engine if the topic on the kriegsmarine "assault" dirk has beeen trated in the past but i didn't find anything abouti it What's your opinion on

Default Kriegsmarine Assault Dirk Question

Hi all...i've searched in the search engine if the topic on the kriegsmarine "assault" dirk has beeen trated in the past but i didn't find anything abouti it
    What's your opinion on these daggers?? Do they exist and are period ? Who did produce them??
    many thanks

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine Assault Dirk Question
    P
    Many

Never heard of it...
    Glenn

I've read about it in TW book...a prototype printed in Puma catalogue in 1939-40 but sometimes on the market appear also by other producers (E.Pack,Hoerster)...i dont' know if they are fantasy pieces or really exist Kriegsmarine Assault Dirk QuestionKriegsmarine Assault Dirk QuestionKriegsmarine Assault Dirk Question

a fantasy item.

Many Thanks guys

?

A prototype produced by Puma I believe to replace the first model but then the eagle pommel was introduced so it was scrapped. Very rare daggers and the only ones accepted as being original are the Puma ones with the plain blades.

Many thanks..i've read somewhere that these daggers are source of many discussions,that may be that E pack was the first to project them but only Puma to produce...so the Puma marked ones are the only ones accepted...should be all parts numbered isnt'it??

?

Puma intended to introduce this new pattern as their standard as early as july 1938, the same time as the new eagle pommel was taking place. Its pictured in the july 1938 addition of the blade industry magazine Die Klinge. It also appears in the Puma catalogue as nr 8 and patent pending. A patent application, model number and inclusion in the catalogue proves this is a genuine dagger intended to be produced and marketed by Puma but only a few prototypes were produced. As far as I know they were each individually numbered. The E. Pack logo seen on some of these is the small one which was not supposed to have been used after 38 so that's why these are not accepted. It does seem strange though that the fakers would go to the trouble of etching the blade if they should be plain.

many thanks Tomaz

Here is the one pictured in Tom's reference.
    https://www.lakesidetrader.com/img_p...ery/NA-78d.jpg

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast