Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with hanger

Article about: Hi Rod, no worries, a useful thread. That price was insane. Cheers, Ade.

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with hanger

Hi guys,
    I am thinking about treating myself for Christmas.
    I might be buying my first TR dagger and would like some pointers please, as this would be the most money I have spent on any item, so you can imagine why I am being cagey.
    Anyway Its a Kriegsmarine dagger apparently made by Weyersberg Kirschbaum &Co. I have a chance to take pictures of it this Saturday and was wondering if there are any particular parts I should take pictures of so i can post them here for a thumbs up or down.
    Thanks for any help
    Rod

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with hanger
    P
    Many

Default re: Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with hanger

Hi Rod, good clear pics are a must. Pref taken in daylight. The eagle pommel and the blade makers mark are always good things to focus upon.

Good luck!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Take notice to the makers logo as this maker had their logo on the front of the blade. Red felt buffer against the crossguard also,, but sometimes time takes them away,, but still nice to see. looking forward to seeing your pics. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Like the guys say rod, take as many pics as poss, just incase someone on here says have yu a pic of........blade tip .crossguard joit to blade ........oh and dont forget the scabbard aswell
    happy hunting and best luck
    cheers Ronnie

Thanks guys for the tips, I will do my best.
    I hope it is a good one, and at the correct money.
    I must keep this one quiet from her in doors.
    Keep tuned
    Thanks
    Rod

Quote by plumbob View Post
    Thanks guys for the tips, I will do my best.
    I hope it is a good one, and at the correct money.
    I must keep this one quiet from her in doors.
    Keep tuned
    Thanks
    Rod
    lol, sneaky beaky. I like it, good luck mate

?

Hi Rod,

we have one in the Classifieds
    KM Navy Officer's Eickhorn Dagger w/ Hangers & Portepee - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

althou the asking price is more a "dealer" price then a "collectors between each other price"
    it is a nice piece.....

Good luck on your hunt!
    Cheers Ger

Hello again guys
    Thanks Gerrit for the tip.
    Got some pictures to judge authenticity.
    I could not get day light pictures unfortunately and totally forgot about the tip though it looked ok, there were a couple of scratches which may be file marks.
    It looked ok to me with about 90% of the guilt left but the blade was a bit grey.
    I have other pictures if needed but thought this was more than enough, but just ask if more is needed.
    Thanks for any help
    Rod

Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with hangerKriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with hangerKriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with hangerKriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with hangerKriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with hangerKriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with hangerKriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with hangerKriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with hangerKriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with hanger

Hi Rod, looks ok to me.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

It is missing bits of it's gilding, of course, and it's portapee needs to be tied correctly to the grip, but yes-it is, indeed, genuine and the hangers are a nice extra touch to have. Is it reasonably priced?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast