Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Kriegsmarine dagger collection

Article about: Here's another Alcoso with hammered scabbard. This time with a beautiful orange grip. Typical for Alcoso are the hammered scabbard rings they used on all hammered scabbards. Again, like all

Hi dr73, ive been having another look at your kriegsmarine dagger collection and would like to ask you about the scabbard on your Adolf Braun dagger as you also seem a bit puzzled about it. I know Adolf Braun used Alcoso parts which is evident by the hilt and blade but do you think this is an Alcoso scabbard. I noticed that the butt plates don't match up in size and the patina looks to be different aswell, also the scabbard rings are not hammered like what Alcoso used on there hammered scabbards. Could this be a Holler scabbard as it does have the straight edges on the scabbard bands like Holler's and it also has the flat head screws which Holler used on there hammered scabbards. Hope you don't mind me asking as im curious about these things and would like to know your opinion on my thoughts. Even if im completely wrong.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine dagger collection
    P
    Many

?

Hi little big man, I don't mind at all. You are right that A. Braun purchased parts of the Alcoso firm. A navy dagger by A. Braun is quite scarce by itself but when you do find one, in most cases you will see it with a lightning bolt scabbard by Alcoso. The scabbard of this one is not made by Alcoso. You can easily tell by the scabbard bands and eyelets. I agree the bands look like Höller and the sidescrews too. The only difference are the hammered eyelets. No navy dagger producer I know used this and I am still looking for an explanation for this. Perhaps the Braun company (which was a distributor and not a producer) had this altered by the firm they purchased the scabbards from? Who knows. Collecting TR daggers is a constant learning experience

Danny

Thanks for your reply dr73 I will keep a look out for daggers with those types of eyelets.

?

I posted these to beauties in a separate post earlier but I think they deserve a place here too since they are now part of the collection

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine dagger collection   Kriegsmarine dagger collection  

Kriegsmarine dagger collection   Kriegsmarine dagger collection  

?

looks great, I had the sea serpent & the sail ship.... best collection I saw yet

Great reference post! Thanks.

?

I haven't updated this post for quite a while but that doesn't mean I didn't add anything to the collection . Since Ger and I are very busy working on our new book on army daggers, I don't have any time left to take proper pictures of my new finds. Here are just two snapshot of one of my recent additions. This maker proved to be very hard to find! Thanks to my good friend Ger I was able to add this beauty to the collection. When the book is ready I will make some proper photos and post them here.

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine dagger collection   Kriegsmarine dagger collection  

?

I was lucky enough to come accross this beauty and immediatly linked it to you, and im glad its in the right collection now
    Enjoy this beauty!

Ger

I really do like the orange handles.
    Very nice.

?

Thanks and welcome to the forum!

Danny

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast