MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Horster etched reproduction dagger with deluxe scabbard

Article about: Hello folks, another dagger for inspection. I am still clueless what to look for when it comes to identifying the real deal or fakes, but thanks to this forum I am on a voyage of discovery.

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model Horster etched reproduction dagger with deluxe scabbard

Hello folks, another dagger for inspection. I am still clueless what to look for when it comes to identifying the real deal or fakes, but thanks to this forum I am on a voyage of discovery.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine  2nd model Horster etched reproduction dagger with deluxe scabbard
    P
    Many

Default re: Kriegsmarine 2nd model Horster etched reproduction dagger with deluxe scabbard

Hello mate,

I'm pretty certain the dagger is a post war Spanish made fake. The scabbard is like nothing seen during the 3rd Reich era or before.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Default re: Kriegsmarine 2nd model Horster etched reproduction dagger with deluxe scabbard

Quote by big ned View Post
    Hello mate,

I'm pretty certain the dagger is a post war Spanish made fake. The scabbard is like nothing seen during the 3rd Reich era or before.

Regards, Ned.
    Thanks for the info Ned. I too thought it was very highly decorated which made me suspicious. Obviously a fake has little historical value but the workmanship and quality feel of these fakes is incredible.

There were 'presentation' daggers which had elaborate and decorative
    scabbards, but this isn't one of them..........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Like stated above its a fake, the scabbard is a give away, also the grip shows lots of wear, while the crossguards and top eagle look like they are new.
    Thats a give away of an "altered" grip.
    The grip wire looks weather-beaten while the rest isnt.
    Look for those kind of things.