Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger- Need Authentication

Article about: All, What are your thoughts on a Kriegsmarine officers dagger with the eagle facing the wrong way. I am aware that this was a known issue with some of the daggers. My question is are they mo

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger- Need Authentication

All,
    What are your thoughts on a Kriegsmarine officers dagger with the eagle facing the wrong way. I am aware that this was a known issue with some of the daggers. My question is are they more or less desirable then ones with the eagle facing the right orientation?

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger- Need Authentication

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger- Need Authentication
    P
    Many

?

Hi Sterling MacCorry,
    the reason in this case may be that this is an eagle of the wrong manufacturer. Is it a dagger by Hörster? The eagle seems to be an Eickhorn one. I don't like a grip as well.
    Best,
    Oleg.

?

Hi Sterling,
    The pommel, crossguard and blade are all Eickhorn and the blade has the 41-42 "over the shoulder" maker mark, the scabbard is a generic type not normally seen with Eickhorn and the screws are replaced. I agree with Oleg I don't like the grip, also Eickhorn did not use coloured grips on navy daggers. Pommels facing the wrong way are common and its due to compression/shrinkage of the top and bottom of the grip and compression of the buffer pad underneath the shoulders of the blade all allowing a fraction more of the threaded area of the blade tang coming through the top of the grip allowing slightly more of a turn to the pommel.

Best Tomaz.

?

Hi Sterling,
    like already said, is it a Parts dagger. The grip and the blade are fakes in my opinion.
    Best,
    Oleg.

?

I agree with the others. It would be nice to see a picture of the makermark.

Danny

OK, here are some pics of the actual dagger I was purchased. I did not notice the eagle until after I ordered it. Emedals does take returns, if need be. Thanks!

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger- Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger- Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger- Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger- Need AuthenticationKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger- Need Authentication

?

Hi Sterling.
    This is an other dagger. But it is a Parts dagger as well.
    Best,
    Oleg.

Thanks for the heads up! I'll have to return/cancell the order.