Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger...Need Opinions

Article about: Hi, I'm new here. I have been offered this dagger in trade for some items worth about \\$800 USD. I'm looking for any assistance on authentication and value. I apologize that the makers mark p

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger...Need Opinions

Hi, I'm new here. I have been offered this dagger in trade for some items worth about $800 USD. I'm looking for any assistance on authentication and value. I apologize that the makers mark picture is unclear, but it's an Eickhorn. The word "Kaiser" is etched next the the MM...presumably post production.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger...Need Opinions   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger...Need Opinions  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger...Need Opinions   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger...Need Opinions  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger...Need Opinions   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger...Need Opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger...Need Opinions
    P
    Many

Eickhorn 1941 pattern
    pic from : maker marks

So it is not a reproduction and from the War era?

look like good for me war time production

Difficult to tell definitively from the quality of the photos, but I am not seeing any immediate red flags on this piece. The sheath looks to be seriously dented, though, which would affect the value. $800 is edging towards the very high end of the value scale for this one in this condition. The engraved "Kaiser" could be the owner's name, the GI who brought it back, the seller of the dagger originally...it could be one of many things. It should not significantly ding the value.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Nice original navy in average condition. Price is always a matter of how bad you want something. If you take your time I think you can get a better example for the price you mentioned. I would say somewhere around $600 would be a fair price for a piece in this condition.

Regards
    Danny

Thank you very much for your input, gentlemen

a good one but expensive.