Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine dagger opinions....late war?

Article about: Hi Gents, i would like to hear your opinions on this poor dagger.... Thanks in advance DS

?

Default Kriegsmarine dagger opinions....late war?

Hi Gents,
    i would like to hear your opinions on this poor dagger....
    Thanks in advance
    DS
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine dagger opinions....late war?   Kriegsmarine dagger opinions....late war?  

Kriegsmarine dagger opinions....late war?   Kriegsmarine dagger opinions....late war?  

Kriegsmarine dagger opinions....late war?   Kriegsmarine dagger opinions....late war?  

Kriegsmarine dagger opinions....late war?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine dagger opinions....late war?
    P
    Many

Hi Skart ...other than seeing a painted silver damaged dagger,..
    I feel you may have described it best.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hi Skarts,
    in my opinion it could be a very late KM dagger by Eickhorn of “Kriegsmetall”, a kind of zinc.
    The blade has been replaced und ist a fake(post war), imho.
    Best,
    Oleg.

I have taken notice Oleg if you look close enough there is still brass that can be seen in some of the recessed areas of the scabbard.
    Something happened to the brass that once was on the scabbard.

Best Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thank you for you replies gents. Oleg i think the blade is good. I was wondering about the rest. Have you ever seen cracks like that?

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I have taken notice Oleg if you look close enough there is still brass that can be seen in some of the recessed areas of the scabbard.
    Something happened to the brass that once was on the scabbard.

Best Larry
    Hi Larry,
    the scabbard seems to be made of steel, I think it’s not a brass but aremains of gilding. The tapes are pressed out of the scabbards case. Like you already said, are the pictures not the best. But in my opinion the eagle and the crossguard seems to be by Eickhorn.
    Best,
    Oleg.

?

Quote by Skarts View Post
    Thank you for you replies gents. Oleg i think the blade is good. I was wondering about the rest. Have you ever seen cracks like that?

Hi Skarts,
    yes, I have seen cracks like that. I would say 80% of such a daggers I have seen were with a cracks. Most of them were not so heavy damaged as your dagger.
    On the blade I see a red flag. The logo is on the wrong side of the blade. This leads me to suspect that the original blade was replaced by another one from the postwar period.
    Best,
    Oleg.

?

ok then, i will post some better pics...

?

Gents, here are some more detailed pics,
    waiting for your opinions. personally i like the blade, but you know much better!!!
    Thanks
    DS
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine dagger opinions....late war?   Kriegsmarine dagger opinions....late war?  

?

Hi Skarts,
    as far as I know all genuine daggers by Hörster have the logo on the front of the blade.
    You can also see that here
    Home - kriegsmarinedolch
    Best,
    Oleg.