Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Kriegsmarine dagger...real or fake?

Article about: Hi A friend found this dagger during a house clearance and I was wandering whether it is original and what type of dagger it is specifically. Sorry the photos are not great, I have asked for

Default Kriegsmarine dagger...real or fake?

Hi
    A friend found this dagger during a house clearance and I was wandering whether it is original and what type of dagger it is specifically. Sorry the photos are not great, I have asked for more photos. Any help as always is greatly appreciated, thank you,nic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine dagger...real or fake?   Kriegsmarine dagger...real or fake?  

Kriegsmarine dagger...real or fake?   Kriegsmarine dagger...real or fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine dagger...real or fake?
    P
    Many

Nothing wrong with that, excellent find !!! only missing a felt washer from under the crossguard
    cheers Ronnie

Thank you Ronnie for the quick reply. It is probably out of my current price range but if I did what would be a fair price for such a dagger?

No probs Nic, hard to say on price really all depends on condition maker rarity and most of all how much someone is willing to pay for it at a guess I would say from around £400 upwards don't quote me though
    cheers Ronnie

?

Looks like a nice Eickhorn model to me.

War Relics Forum Sponsor
    My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Thank you Ronnie and Rossi for your comments, much appreciated, nic.

Am not seeing any red flags from these photos. As said, it looks to be a decent Eickhorn 2nd Model KM with the anchor etch. Not much gilding left, but that's normal. If you bought this from a Dealer, you would pay $600 or more.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Many thanks for all the replies regarding this dagger. Thought I would upload the final set of pictures he sent. Thank you, nic.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine dagger...real or fake?   Kriegsmarine dagger...real or fake?  

Kriegsmarine dagger...real or fake?   Kriegsmarine dagger...real or fake?