Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger - Need Help

Article about: Kriegsmarine Eickhorn the original or a copy? Thank you for opinions !

Great Thread Gents..very informative Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger - Need Help
    P
    Many

?

So that makes the two different Weyersbergs in Wittmanns book on page 292 (flat headless side screws) and 293 (domehead side screws) as incorrect and his description at the bottom of page 260 where he states Weyersbergs frequently have headless side screws is also incorrect.
    This thread has made me look more closely at generic fittings so thanks Oleg for that.
    Now I don't know whether to bin my books or not.
    Best Tomaz.

?

Tomaz, please keep your books. Thomas Wittman has made a really great work for us all with his exploring of edged weapons of the third reich. I am very grateful to him for that. To make such a work is not easy. At that time the Internet was also not available to him. And it is very difficult or almost impossibly to write 100% perfect book. Nowadays, however, we can improve our knowledge by such discussions. To the subject TW book: the eagle on the page 291 was assigned to the manufacturer Weyersberg. But it is an Eickhorn eagle. The crossguard on the page 292 seems to be also one of Eickhorn. It can be that the dagger of the site 292 is a part dagger. But such mistakes are not a reason to throw out the books.
    Best regards,
    Oleg.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3