Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with orange grip and portepee

Article about: hi all...i'd like to know your opinion on this Kriegsmarine dagger marked WKC with hammered scabbard...from the poor pics i have seems all nice...but your eyes and experience are better than

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with orange grip and portepee

hi all...i'd like to know your opinion on this Kriegsmarine dagger marked WKC with hammered scabbard...from the poor pics i have seems all nice...but your eyes and experience are better than mine
    Many thanks
    Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with orange grip and portepeeKriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with orange grip and portepeeKriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with orange grip and portepeeKriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with orange grip and portepee

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with orange grip and portepee
    P
    Many

?

Hi Luca,

the dagger itself looks good to me, but im not sure about the scabbard.
    Pics are not that good but here are my thoughts:
    Scabbard bands are missing the typical WKC acorn and shape.

Let wait what Danny has to say, he has an identical one in his collection, scroll down a bit an you will see the orange grip WKC:
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/dagge...ection-342128/

Regards,
    Ger

thanks Gerrit...i've noticed a little difference in the bands...i'll take a look better

?

I think it's just the pictures because I like what I see when I look at your dagger. The hand enhanced eyelets are typical for WKC. By the way, not all WKC hammered scabbards have this. Your dagger has the very desireable orange grip and is in great shape. Congratulations on this great piece and thanks for showing.

Danny

?

Thanks Danny,

i just couldnt see the bands good enough to make a judgement, thx for helping out!

Ger

I very much like the burnt pumpkin grips and the fancy sheath bands. An Excellent and attractive WKC with what looks to be the original portapee as well. Even retains spots and hints of the gilding. No problem with this one!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks guys...great help for me

Beautiful example of a KM dagger with a lot to look at.

Lovely desirable orange grip with hammered scabbard.

Thank you very much to all