Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine 2nd model dagger Alcoso maker logo question

Article about: Hi guys, Can anyone tell me if the late Alcoso sideways script maker mark is only etched, stamped or both. Thanks for any replies. Best Tomaz.

?

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model dagger Alcoso maker logo question

Hi guys,
    Can anyone tell me if the late Alcoso sideways script maker mark is only etched, stamped or both. Thanks for any replies.

Best Tomaz.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model dagger Alcoso maker logo question
    P
    Many

Tomaz, I have a Landzoll dagger where that late trademark is etched and have seen it etched on armies, 2nd lufts. I have not seen it in either form on a Navy dirk, but surmise it might be stamped on a navy. Jmo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model dagger Alcoso maker logo question   Kriegsmarine 2nd model dagger Alcoso maker logo question  

?

Hi Tomaz,
    I believe that a both makers marks are legal. Please have a look at the KM dagger by Alcoso from Danny's collection in the post #19. This is a textbook dagger by Alcoso and the maker mark is etched one. I can see nothing wrong on the dagger. And I can't believe that somebody would make such an original identical copy. I personally would always buy such a dagger if I would find such a one.

Kriegsmarine dagger collection

Best,
    Oleg.

?

Thanks guys,
    I have seen a few etched but I came across this one the other day http://www.ww2germandaggers.com/viewphoto.php?x=5 which looks stamped so wasn't sure. just seeking info.

Best Tomaz.

The seller has two AWS navies, I agree the TMs' do look like stampings. However, the seller' descriptions say "etched" so suggest you contact him; Andrew Gates is a helpful guy.

?

Alcoso is a very interesting manufacturer and certainly one of my favourites. Not only when it comes to navy daggers but the army dagger also. The Alcoso firm used no less then 5 different maker marks on their army daggers. However, they only used three on their navies. I show them here below. The last one is also the last one they used on their army daggers and it is indeed etched.

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model dagger Alcoso maker logo question   Kriegsmarine 2nd model dagger Alcoso maker logo question  

?

And the maker mark on the upper picture is an early one and is from adapted M29 daggers.
    Best,
    Oleg.