Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with portepee and hangers

Article about: Hi, Have the possbility to buy a marine general dagger. Would 110 Euro be a great price?

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with portepee and hangers

Hi,

Have the possbility to buy a marine general dagger. Would 1100 Euro be a great price?Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with portepee and hangersKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with portepee and hangersKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with portepee and hangersKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with portepee and hangersKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with portepee and hangers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger with portepee and hangers
    P
    Many

No recomendation on this one?

To me it looks like ivory handle and everything in one part Do anyone know the maker of this dagger and time period produced?

It's a standard Eickhorn with all of it's accouterments. 1100E is about fair, but no give away for price. With the portapee and the hangers, it's a good price. It looks to be in excellent condition. It's gilding is fairly strong, as is the blade etch. I can see no reason to pass it by, if you are looking for a good KM dagger. Hard to tell from the photos if the grip is Ivory or plastic, but I would be inclined to say they are celluloid. It's missing a sheath throat screw, which means it may likely have been taken apart at one time, by the way...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    It's a standard Eickhorn with all of it's accouterments. 1100E is about fair, but no give away for price. With the portapee and the hangers, it's a good price. It looks to be in excellent condition. It's gilding is fairly strong, as is the blade etch. I can see no reason to pass it by, if you are looking for a good KM dagger. Hard to tell from the photos if the grip is Ivory or plastic, but I would be inclined to say they are celluloid. It's missing a sheath throat screw, which means it may likely have been taken apart at one time, by the way...
    If it's missing that screw, could it have been mixed with? As I could see all parts are original. Would you recommend for me to go for it? thanks

The screw could simply have loosened and fallen out and gotten lost. Or it could have been taken apart to do a more thorough dirt removal from off of it. Or, it could have been lost when some idiot took it apart out of idle curiosity and the hole was stripped when putting it back in and so lost... Is hard to say at this date. But, from what I can see of it, it all looks original and I would not be too concerned over it. Screws can be found to replace it.
    Should you go for it? I guess that's a matter of how bad you want one. You could do worse for the price, but there's always better out there as well.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."