Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn dagger with portepee hangers and belt

Article about: I'm sure it will Ronnie Thanks Dave, that's a clever idea

Default re: Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn dagger with portepee hangers and belt

I'm sure it will Ronnie
    Thanks Dave, that's a clever idea
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn dagger with portepee hangers and belt
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn dagger with portepee hangers and belt

Thats a nice catch you did!

My first dagger was also a Navy one, i also posted it here.
    I was just as excited as you

your glad Dave informed you about putting it backwards ( or with the eagle facing the wrong side) in the scabbard before Ade saw your post

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Thats a nice catch you did!

My first dagger was also a Navy one, i also posted it here.
    I was just as excited as you

your glad Dave informed you about putting it backwards ( or with the eagle facing the wrong side) in the scabbard before Ade saw your post
    Lol Ade also has a thing with wrongly tied portepees
    Give me the link please to see your dagger. It's always a pleasure to view these stuff.

?

Here is mine for you to have a look aswell,
    cheers Ronnie
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn dagger with portepee hangers and belt   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn dagger with portepee hangers and belt  

?

Ronnie, did you put the hangers on that way to display the scabbard that way round to match the dagger display

Nice set, nice display. Thanks for posting.
    What's the difference between golden knot and silver?
    Yours is for higher ranks?

Quote by davejb View Post
    Ronnie, did you put the hangers on that way to display the scabbard that way round to match the dagger display
    Spot on Davejb i had hold of the camera with one hand and twisted them around to take pic......i wouldn't hear the last from Ade if i set them up wrong LOL donkihotis, its nicotene on the portepee, after 1923 until 1945 the silver portepee was worn but after a long time the patina gives them a gold colour and many people mistake them for "gold coloured" before 1923 the silver portepee had a slight red and black fleck in them hope this help's cheers Ronnie

Interesting. So in time mine will become gold as well? It's weird that 70 years later it's still silver. Is that a bad sign?

Hi Chris, some knots will oxidise, while others don't. All down to the material used in the construction. All mine are still silver.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast