Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with orange grip and portepee

Article about: Surprisingly you would be amazed in some of the modern day synagogues of what they have on display! Not in a collecting aspect,, but in memory of a time turned upside down, by some degenerat

?

Default re: Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with orange grip and portepee

Thats a great dagger Ronnie!
    love that nice grip, will hope my misses will give me a gift like this one altho i have my doubts.....

and.......................it will even look better the other way around in the scabbard, hahahahhaha beat you Ade....

Ger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with orange grip and portepee
    P
    Many

Default re: Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with orange grip and portepee

I am so glad you brought the point of wrong facing daggers in scabbards,For once and for all which is the correct Way.If I have a dagger in front of me handle pointing away from my body do the hanger rings on the scabbard face right or left? For all the incorrect postings we seem to have there must be a lot of confusion about this subject.Thanks 'operaman '

- - Updated - -

Hey Ger, just to make it clear the dagger belongs to "operaman" Cheers.

?

Hello Operaman,

sorry i messed up who owns it,
    im referring to the last picture of the post: if the eagle faces you ( swastika side) the rings will be on the upperside or right side depending on horizontal or vertical postion:
    upper= correct ( portopee hangs straight down)
    bottem= wrong ( portopee now conflicts with the hangers)

Cheers Ger

Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with orange grip and portepeeKriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with orange grip and portepee

?

operaman - Very nice addition to your growing collection - Heres my Orange grip Kreigsmanrine dagger with a gilt portepee and the navy hangers, maker is Eickhorn.
    Horst

Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with orange grip and portepee
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

Horst that is quite stunning!!.....are the blade panels guilted also.. or is it the flash in the photo?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Flash - nice clean blade - Glad you liked it.

Horst

Thanks for the clarification.Thats a nice looking blade you have as well.Another question. What is the difference or meaning of the orange or white grip .and are there more blade etchings around?

?

As to grip color they ranged from predominant White to orange/yellow which is rarely seen - the colors had no meaning. As to the regulation blade some are plain and the there are two etched variations one showing a foul anchor with foliage above and another anchor with two dolphins and a palmette below. The other type has the customary foul anchor but with more foilage and a three masted sailing ship below. There were honor dirks that had different etchings and Damascus. Hope this helps-
    Horst

?

Now that you have the nice navy dagger you need the hangers and then this:
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]378716[/ATTACH

Horst
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with orange grip and portepee  

My God so thats where all the cool military stuff is going,great bunker.I have to many Jewish Friends to get away with something like that.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast