Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine 2nd Model Officers dagger - Personalized with owners name

Article about: Hi Guys, here is another Kriegsmarine dagger from my collection. Sadly it has be de - Nazified, but I can live with that as it is part of the daggers history and reflects changing times and

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd Model Officers dagger - Personalized with owners name

Hi Guys, here is another Kriegsmarine dagger from my collection.

Sadly it has be de - Nazified, but I can live with that as it is part of the daggers history and reflects changing times and how people no longer wanted to see a swastika or be associated with it.

On the plus side, the dagger is named to the Officer who owned it. His surname was "Conrad". I have tried to undertake some research about him, but the lack of a first initial to his name has led me to a dead end on this. There were however only about 8 Officers with this name who served in the Kriegsmarine during WW2 listed on the KM Rangliste. But we have to bear in mind this list only contains regular and "Kriegsoffiziere". So I just have a list of "possibles" including one who won the DKiG. One was even named Adrian!

Oberstabsarzt Dr Heinz Conrad
    Kapitaenleunant (W) Bruno Conrad
    Oberleutnant zur See Gerhard Conrad
    Oberleutnant zur See Rudolf Conrad
    Oberleutnant (Ingenieur) Adrian Conrad
    Oberleutnant zur See der Reserve Fred Conrad (DKiG winner)
    Dr Fritz Conrad
    Heinrich Conrad

The dagger is maker marked to Carl Eickhorn and bears the trademark used 1936 to 1941. The trademark is correctly stamped onto the blade and not etched. Decoration to the blade is the standard etched pattern with fouled anchor, etc. The grip is white celluloid over a wood former. This has a little crack in it which is not unknown due to shrinkage etc.

The dagger came from Canada via a member of my family.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd Model Officers dagger - Personalized with owners name   Kriegsmarine 2nd Model Officers dagger - Personalized with owners name  

Kriegsmarine 2nd Model Officers dagger - Personalized with owners name   Kriegsmarine 2nd Model Officers dagger - Personalized with owners name  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd Model Officers dagger - Personalized with owners name
    P
    Many

?

Default re: Kriegsmarine 2nd Model Officers dagger - Personalized with owners name

Ade, you never fail to amaze me with items from your collection this is a fantastic piece and named it has it all , rgds Dave