Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Kriegsmarine daggers producer marks and unmarked blades (Question )

Article about: Hello Sirs, I was recently offered to buy three daggers from the daughter of the vet who brought them home to the US following his service in the ETO during WW2. The daggers were one each fr

?

Yes, I would like to see some close up images of these, as well. From what I could see from the poor image provided, the army dagger has a string, or piece of the old portapee tied to it as a dagger hanger. I may be wrong, but this is just an observation. I have seen these dagger blades unmarked before too, and they were real. $2k is just too much, though, even if they had all their respective accessories included. I hope we can see some better images. Also, I don't know where she gets her price range from?! Usually older people low-ball things, as they are used to the 'good 'ole days' when you could give the neighbor kid a quarter to mow the lawn. Or the 82 year old gentleman who sold me an W-SS tunic for $300. Although, some people, regardless of age, think they are sitting on the holy grail and want $1,000,000!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine daggers producer marks and unmarked blades (Question )
    P
    Many

?

Guys i will not tell you a true story about one who bought following, but the highlights are:
    SS uniform complete (almost the highest Rank, RK with leaves and diamonds ( with paperwork) Marschallbaton WITH its Urkunde ( none excisted till now!), Pour le merite ( WITH paperwork)
    SS honour dagger in presentation case, all other awards ( which look small after the RK * P.le M., and im sure i missed a few.

All artifact genuine and they where in sealed boxes, all in A1 condition, sold for 23.000 dollar.....

This happend 4 weeks ago, ad was placed by a German on a WW2 forum, within 4 days an American came, saw and took
    a friend of mine missed it and gots whats left behind....

So lets wait for the pics here, although 2K aint a bargain any more..
    Cheers,
    Ger

A Baton and case, a Blue Max with papers, a Diamond Ritter with papers, an SS Honour dagger with case and not to mention, an SS General's complete uniform, and they All sold for $23,000? Plus whatever other bits were included?? I may be sick to my stomach.....
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    A Baton and case, a Blue Max with papers, a Diamond Ritter with papers, an SS Honour dagger with case and not to mention, an SS General's complete uniform, and they All sold for $23,000? Plus whatever other bits were included?? I may be sick to my stomach.....

In fact, the man (grandson of the vet) got the legacy of his grandfather when his dad died, all sealed up in A1 mint conditions.
    He is married with a bosnic woman who lost her grandfather in the war against the Germans.
    He had to get rid of the "NAZI" Items otherwise she would have left.

It was at least worth 600,000 dollars.
    He stated: i would have sold it for 1000 euro, just to get rid of it, my wife is worth a lot more to me.

So....miracles do happen, and i wonder if or when this complete legacy will turn up on a auction or a forum.
    When it does....remember this post, my friend missed it by a week ..

Cheers,
    Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 08-23-2013 at 10:24 AM.

Thanks for cheering us all up, Ger! lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by gerrit View Post
    He had to get rid of the "NAZI" Items otherwise she would have left.

It was at least worth 600,000 dollars.
    He stated: i would have sold it for 1000 euro, just to get rid of it, my wife is worth a lot more to me.

Cheers,
    Ger
    Oh the pain... the pain!!!
    Attached Images Attached Images Kriegsmarine daggers producer marks and unmarked blades (Question ) 
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I think he should have kept the legacy and sold his wife instead

Ger

?

Even over here all three daggers would go for about £1000-1200,depending on condition ,but for that price they would need to be pretty good, perhaps this lady is going by British prices and converting to $

I'm on my way to take pictures right now. Will post them later today.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3