Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Kriegsmarine daggers producer marks and unmarked blades (Question )

Article about: Hello Sirs, I was recently offered to buy three daggers from the daughter of the vet who brought them home to the US following his service in the ETO during WW2. The daggers were one each fr

Default Kriegsmarine daggers producer marks and unmarked blades (Question )

Hello Sirs,
    I was recently offered to buy three daggers from the daughter of the vet who brought them home to the US following his service in the ETO during WW2. The daggers were one each from the Wehrmacht , Luftwaffe, and Kriegsmarine . The Wehrmacht/Luftwaffe daggers are maker marked however the Navy dagger is not (as far as I could see). My question is; is it common for a dagger to not be marked with the name of the manufacturer? I suspect that it is not.

I have not purchased these daggers because her price was very high in my uneducated opinion ($2,000) however I would like to make an educated counter offer.

Any info would be greatly apreciated.

Thank you,
    Rob

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine daggers producer marks and unmarked blades (Question )
    P
    Many

I'm assuming that there must be markings but obscured on the KM. We would very much need to see detailed photos of the 3 pieces, though, to be able to give any kind of definitive evaluation of them. However, as a ball park figure, $3000 sounds quite high for 3 fairly easy to find daggers. Unless they are made by rare makers or have something especial about them, 3K is quite alot.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thank you. Her offer to me was $2,000, not $3,000 but still very high from the little that I do know. I looked pretty close at the blade near the hilt and I did not see any markings.

Rob

Hi Joe....one thing I dont do is to run with all my might inside a furniture filled room at night...... and also the same should go for photos..it would really be hard to put any worth on something unseen except a broken ankle and hospitals bills...please so that we can help you and give you a precise answer..as requested by Wagriff..photos are essential. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Clumsy neuropathic fingers....lol I actually meant to type 2 but hit the 3 by accident! And, yes-you're perfectly correct-2K is quite high unless they are something special. If you can get some good pics of them, we can tell you more detail, though.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

This is what I was sent by the seller but I have seen them in person as well. Sorry for the terrible picture.

I've looked around the internet to get a general idea of what the daggers typically sell for but all that I have seen had manufactureres marks on the blade. Assuming that there is no markings on this blade is it something that I should completely avoid or where some made with no markings?

Unfortunately the lady who has these for sale is 75 years old and not very camera/computer savvy so I'll only get nice pictures if I buy them.

Larry C, great advice..thank you.

From what i can see and correct me if Im wrong guys but the Luft and Army Grip are not looking too promising. Its hard to enlarge this photo as it pixelates alot..but past reference and grip color and shape dictates the grips are no good..unless we can get closer photos. I cant say much for the naval dagger..after what was just posted By member Dr73..I would like to see extreme close ups of the Naval dagger.

Sorry Joe..I would rather you be safe than sorry..thats why you brought them here
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

If I remember correctly the Luft and Army were Solingen marked.

Absolutely Mr. Larry.

I wish that I had taken some pictures of them myself but this picture is all that I have.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast