MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster and Kriegsmarine 1st model Alcoso - Need Authentication

Article about: Hello, I am a novice looking for help to identify if a kriegsmarine and reichsmarine dagger i have are real or repros. I am just posting pics of the KM dagger first to see what resolve comes

Question Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster and Kriegsmarine 1st model Alcoso - Need Authentication

Hello, I am a novice looking for help to identify if a kriegsmarine and reichsmarine dagger i have are real or repros. I am just posting pics of the KM dagger first to see what resolve comes my way. I have pics of the other RM dagger to follow. They came from 2 different sources. Would appreciate any expertise.
    Regards,
    David
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster and Kriegsmarine 1st model Alcoso - Need Authentication   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster and Kriegsmarine 1st model Alcoso - Need Authentication  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster and Kriegsmarine 1st model Alcoso - Need Authentication   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster and Kriegsmarine 1st model Alcoso - Need Authentication  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster and Kriegsmarine 1st model Alcoso - Need Authentication   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster and Kriegsmarine 1st model Alcoso - Need Authentication  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster and Kriegsmarine 1st model Alcoso - Need Authentication  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster and Kriegsmarine 1st model Alcoso - Need Authentication
    P
    Many

?

Hello Noname1.
    The scabbard is WKC one. The blade is a fake imho.
    Best,
    Oleg.

Hi Oleg...could you ellaborate a little more without giving away too much information to the fakers , to why this blade is fake ...just 1 basic fact would be enough..which is all it takes to ruin a dagger.

Your knowledge here is always highly regarded and honored.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Default Reply to Oleg, Thank you, if you would pics of RM Dagger

Quote by thebig View Post
    Hello Noname1.
    The scabbard is WKC one. The blade is a fake imho.
    Best,
    Oleg.
    Thank sir for you help. Would you please review the RM Dagger pics and let me know what you think , real or fake?
    Regards,
    David
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster and Kriegsmarine 1st model Alcoso - Need Authentication   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster and Kriegsmarine 1st model Alcoso - Need Authentication  

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hi Oleg...could you ellaborate a little more without giving away too much information to the fakers , to why this blade is fake ...just 1 basic fact would be enough..which is all it takes to ruin a dagger.

Your knowledge here is always highly regarded and honored.

Regards Larry
    Hi Larry,
    you have a PM.
    Best,
    Oleg.

?

Quote by Noname1 View Post
    Thank sir for you help. Would you please review the RM Dagger pics and let me know what you think , real or fake?
    Regards,
    David
    Hi Noname1,
    unfortunately is the RM dagger in my opinion a fake as well. Would you like to show a crossguard of the dagger?
    I am not at home now. I wil send a pisc of the Alcoso logo and a pommel for a RM dagger later.
    Best,
    Oleg.

?

Hello once again.
    Like promised a site from the book of Andrej Dolinin and me with a maker marks of the Reichsmarine daggers (above) and Kriegsmarine daggers(below).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster and Kriegsmarine 1st model Alcoso - Need Authentication  

?

…and here a few pictures of the Reichsmarine pommels. Please have a look at the base of the pommels and at the waves.
    Best,
    Oleg.

Attached Images Attached Images Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster and Kriegsmarine 1st model Alcoso - Need Authentication 

Good call Oleg, sharp eyes.

Default Picture of RM Dagger cross guard.

Again Thank You Oleg, Sorry for slow response though I now know the final answer on this one. Here is the picture on the cross guard.

Oleg, Would you allow me a clue to why the km dagger blade in your opinion is fake. I recently read that the engraving should be perfectly aligned in the middle of the blade as should the logo. I also wondered about the light shading of the engraving itself. Is that an issues? Would appreciate (as i already do) any clues.
    Best Regards,
    David
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Hörster and Kriegsmarine 1st model Alcoso - Need Authentication  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast