Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine 2nd model dagger Question

Article about: Hey everyone This one is for sale \\$450 I'm wondering if its real or not and if its worth buying! THe eagle looks like it has some soft detail, but im not a pro.

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model dagger Question

Hey everyone

This one is for sale $450 I'm wondering if its real or not and if its worth buying! THe eagle looks like it has some soft detail, but im not a pro. Kriegsmarine 2nd model dagger QuestionKriegsmarine 2nd model dagger QuestionKriegsmarine 2nd model dagger QuestionKriegsmarine 2nd model dagger Question

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model dagger Question
    P
    Many

Default re: Kriegsmarine 2nd model dagger Question

The metal colour is 'off' - It should be gilt brass, but looks like bronze to me.
    Unfortunately, I cannot enlarge these photos to make any judgement
    on it. Request better, more detailed pictures from a decent camera,
    instead of a phone. If it is real, $450 is a good price..........
    Regards,

Steve.

?

wing feathers and swas look poor ?

?

I agree with Steve, better photos reqd, the chances are its real, but the eagle has been over tightened, hence the crack along the handle, which detracts from the overall look, you may be able to find another handle, but $450 isnt too bad, despite the damage, im wondering if the eagle is badly coated with oxidation as is the brass wire on the handle. It would also help to see the makers mark on closeup and the full blade etching

Looks like the handle is cracked and broken,for 450.00 I would pass.When you go to sell it the crack is the first thing everybody will piss and moan about.

okay thanks for the replies. I guess its just darker from oxidization? This would be
    my first dagger and Im not exactly an ATM :P

I understand your concerns about the money.Collecting German Daggers is not exactly like collecting match book covers.I would say dollar for dollar it's right up there with rare coins,but I think good quality examples will always hold there value and increase every year.

As stated, much better pics needed. But it stands a good chance. Eagles on these are not very well detailed at times.

Cheers, Ade.