Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with hammered scabbard orange grip and portepee

Article about: Here's one of my favourite navy daggers. It's a very nice example with a organge grip and hammered scabbard. The maker is Alcoso. The eyelets of Alcoso navy daggers are very distinct. Intere

?

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with hammered scabbard orange grip and portepee

Here's one of my favourite navy daggers. It's a very nice example with a organge grip and hammered scabbard. The maker is Alcoso. The eyelets of Alcoso navy daggers are very distinct. Interesting to see that Alcoso used the same eyelets on their diplomat daggers. Alcoso was the only maker of TR navy daggers that also hammered the scabbard rings. A very nice detail imo. Of coarse this one, like all other Alcoso navy daggers has the typical diamond shape at the back of the crossguard. Hope you like it.

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with hammered scabbard orange grip and portepee   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with hammered scabbard orange grip and portepee  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with hammered scabbard orange grip and portepee   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with hammered scabbard orange grip and portepee  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with hammered scabbard orange grip and portepee   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with hammered scabbard orange grip and portepee  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with hammered scabbard orange grip and portepee  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with hammered scabbard orange grip and portepee
    P
    Many

Default re: Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with hammered scabbard orange grip and portepee

Very nice, thanks for sharing it here.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default re: Kriegsmarine 2nd model Alcoso etched dagger with hammered scabbard orange grip and portepee

Such a beautiful dagger.
    An amazing example, thank you for showing.
    Cheers
    Nuno

A great dagger. The deep orange grip is beautiful.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

A very nice example Danny!
    Love the dark handled examples, hammered scabbards aren't too shabby either.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Whats not to like about these Naval daggers..IMO these were works of Art. Much detail and heart went into making these,, as some of the high end ones were hand done. Very Nice Danny..thanks for sharing this great example
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Another great example from your collection Danny!
    Lovely colored grip, makes a perfect fit with the scabbard!

Thx for sharing it here, nice detail about the hammered scabbard rings
    didnt know that!

Ger

?

Beautiful Dagger! This is my dream dagger.
    Ryan

?

Thanks everyone . Lary, I totally agree with you, these daggers are a true work of art! That's why collecting them is so much fun.

Danny

?

Sorry Larry, I just saw I spelled your name wrong