Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Paul Weyersberg etched dagger with portepee

Article about: Here is a newer dagger for me. Looks like an untouched example with killer patina. The scabbard has a small bend near the end but other than that it is in real good condition.All comments we

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model Paul Weyersberg etched dagger with portepee

Here is a newer dagger for me. Looks like an untouched example with killer patina. The scabbard has a small bend near the end but other than that it is in real good condition.All comments welcomed.

Thanks
    Steve
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Paul Weyersberg etched dagger with portepee   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Paul Weyersberg etched dagger with portepee  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Paul Weyersberg etched dagger with portepee   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Paul Weyersberg etched dagger with portepee  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Paul Weyersberg etched dagger with portepee   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Paul Weyersberg etched dagger with portepee  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Paul Weyersberg etched dagger with portepee  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Paul Weyersberg etched dagger with portepee
    P
    Many

Steve, that is a dagger you do not see that often. I believe in the navy dagger world that is a scarce dagger. I would love to see better pictures? I believe you have a winner, congratulations.
    Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Quote by tank destroyer View Post
    Steve, that is a dagger you do not see that often. I believe in the navy dagger world that is a scarce dagger. I would love to see better pictures? I believe you have a winner, congratulations.
    Marty
    Marty

I have a hard time taking dagger pictures but will try some other settings on my camera.

Steve

I use of course the overhead lighting in the ceiling of the room but I also use a lamp of any kind positioned over the item in question. It seems to help, you just need to becarful of any glare.
    Marty

?

We just had an interesting discussion here on this forum about the definition of "textbook" daggers. In my opionion your dagger is completely textbook! It has all the details that I like to see on a navy by Paul Weyersberg. Just compare your eagle to the one on my Weyersberg. Congratulations on your beautiful dagger by a maker that can be considered scarce.

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Paul Weyersberg etched dagger with portepee  

Nice wide chest on the eagle.

avery nice dagger indeed.

Smile

Quote by dr73 View Post
    We just had an interesting discussion here on this forum about the definition of "textbook" daggers. In my opionion your dagger is completely textbook! It has all the details that I like to see on a navy by Paul Weyersberg. Just compare your eagle to the one on my Weyersberg. Congratulations on your beautiful dagger by a maker that can be considered scarce.

Danny
    Yes the pommel eagle is identical Danny.
    Thanks
    Steve

?

Steve,

Lovely uncleaned KM dagger & scarce maker, Perfect Keeper

Great Patina all round with origional knot still in place

Congrats !!!!

Regards Mac 66.

Actually, many KM daggers are found with the small sheath dents in them. It's generally attributed to the on ship board door frames with the water tight doors in them. You've found a dandy of a dagger! Looks totally untouched! Well done!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast