Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger - Help Needed with portepee

Article about: Hi. I got my self a kriegsmarine dagger. The only thing the seller was not sure if it was orginal or not was the portrpee. What do you think?

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger - Help Needed with portepee

Hi.
    I got my self a kriegsmarine dagger.Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger - Help Needed with portepee
    The only thing the seller was not sure if it was orginal or not was the portrpee.
    What do you think?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger - Help Needed with portepee
    P
    Many

Are you sure the dagger is authentic? Either way close up photos will be needed to be sure.

Default photos

here you got some more photos off dhe daggerKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger - Help Needed with portepeeKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger - Help Needed with portepeeKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger - Help Needed with portepeeKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger - Help Needed with portepeeKriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger - Help Needed with portepee

Dagger looks OK to me. Obviously the portepee doesn't belong in that position so we can't say it is "untouched" and although it shows signs of wear it is not the wear one sees in a piece that was removed after a long time in place.

That said I can't immediately see anything wrong with it but as I am sure you know there are absolutely brilliant modern made pieces from Pakistan that are frighteningly close to the originals.

I have a couple on Heer and Luftwaffe daggers which are not exactly the same but are comparable in style and execution. I think you need an "in hand" appraisal from someone well versed in these.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

The guy i bought it from had inherit from his fatherinlaw.
    He had bringit home from England at the 50s.
    Its signs from wearing on the scabbard of 2 dents.
    Then its 2 smal cracs in the handel.
    The seller had it confirmed on the swedish Antik round witch is a tv prog about old stuff.

?

Hello Gentlemen,
    the dagger and the portepee looks good for me.
    Best,
    Oleg.

The pommel is facing "the wrong way"
    It´s the same as a part dagger? or can orginals be in this way to?

?

Hello Persson83,
    Not only the replaced parts could be a reason of the wrong position of the eagle.
    Perhaps someone too tightly turned the pommel of your dagger. I showed a compressed area under the eagle. That can also be the reason of damage of the handle at the bottom. I showed the damaged area as well.
    Best,
    Oleg.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger - Help Needed with portepee   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Eickhorn etched dagger - Help Needed with portepee  

it´s looks like the threed under the pommel has been bend, maybe some accident or something.
    Going to turn the pommel the in the right possion later.
    Don´t think its a part dagger, cause if it was they hasent put on a craced handel?
    Tried yesterday to take it appart but the end was bend so i did not proced.

Now im thinking i have overpay this dagger.
    i gave like 875 us dollar

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast