MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reichsmarine dagger M1929 by WKC. with N 455 stamp

Article about: Hello Gentlemen. One year ago I have found this dagger. The dagger is so called "Kammerstück", it is depot marked, it was a property of the navy station on the North Sea with a hea

?

Default Reichsmarine dagger M1929 by WKC. with N 455 stamp

Hello Gentlemen.
    One year ago I have found this dagger. The dagger is so called "Kammerstück", it is depot marked, it was a property of the navy station on the North Sea with a headquarters in Wilmelshafen. The blade and the scabbard have a matching numbers N455 for North Sea.
    The portepee is frozen in to its place. On the blade you can See a navy acceptance mark, M above an stylised eagle. A collector-friend of me has recently found a picture of the same acceptance mark on a navy artillery shell casing. Now we are looking for a list of the acceptance stations of the Reichsmarine. I hope this thread will be interesting for you.
    Thanks for your time.
    Best, Oleg.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsmarine dagger M1929 by WKC. with N 455 stamp   Reichsmarine dagger M1929 by WKC. with N 455 stamp  

Reichsmarine dagger M1929 by WKC. with N 455 stamp   Reichsmarine dagger M1929 by WKC. with N 455 stamp  

Reichsmarine dagger M1929 by WKC. with N 455 stamp   Reichsmarine dagger M1929 by WKC. with N 455 stamp  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichsmarine dagger M1929 by WKC. with N 455 stamp
    P
    Many

?

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsmarine dagger M1929 by WKC. with N 455 stamp   Reichsmarine dagger M1929 by WKC. with N 455 stamp  

?

Interesting markings Oleg, not an eagle I have seen before, normally there's a bit more to the design of the eagle stamping. I noticed the cross guard is the very early WKC type and the maker mark is pre 32/33, could you put an approximate date to this dagger, my guess would be 29-32, what do you think ? Loving the M21 as well.

Best Tomaz.

?

Quote by Tomaz View Post
    Interesting markings Oleg, not an eagle I have seen before.
    I noticed the cross guard is the very early WKC type and the maker mark is pre 32/33, could you put an approximate date to this dagger, my guess would be 29-32, what do you think ?

Best Tomaz.
    Thank you, Tomaz.
    Yes, it's an interesting acceptance mark indeed. And the find of the same mark on the artillery shell casing is important in my opinion.
    I agree with your definition of the period about 1929-1932 years.
    Best, Oleg.

?

Hi Guys,
    Basing on my observation, this type of naval acceptance stamp was used on the ammunition before the end of 1936 year. Starting since 1937 the eagle got round egg with a specific cross
    I think that this type of acceptance stamp is very rarely seen on daggers. More often we see a more detailed eagle as on example from my collection.
    Nice daggers Oleg Thanks for sharing.

Regards
    Jakub

Exquisite Oleg

I Like the Scabbard band Knots

You guys in Northern Europe find the best stuff. Being in the North Sea area where the Kriegsmarine were docked. Great find

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Oleg thx for showing these Navies!

The headstampl you show has a common Marineacceptance stamp, imo not rare, i have seen them quite a lot in my early Amo collecting days
    Normaly they can be found on interbellum amo.
    When i have to make a guess then i would say that it looks like the standard cal.4 flairgun shell made by Waffenfabrik Polte.

Regards
    Ger

?

Wow Gerrit! Thank you very much for this info. It is very interesting for me. Do you know where was an acceptance station? In which town?
    Best,
    Oleg.

?

Hi Oleg,

A few pictures of marine ammunition acceptance stamps and as I stated previously I've never seen this "amo type" stamp on daggers. This is correct stamp for reichsmarine period, commonly seen on ammunition only.

37mm (1933)
    20mm flak (1936)

Regards
    Jakub

?

Kaiserliche and Kriegsmarine acceptance stamps.

37mm(1905)
    4cm flak(1941)

Finally, for comparison a fake reichsmarine stamp on a repro sword.
    I hope it will help a bit.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast