Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Riechsmarine 1st model Miniature in mint condition with porteepe

Article about: This M1929 is the ancestor of the KM daggers of the Third Reich, Wittmann said it nicely on his website and i quote: Naval dirks were normally produced of gilded brass fittings and scabbard,

?

Default Riechsmarine 1st model Miniature in mint condition with porteepe

This M1929 is the ancestor of the KM daggers of the Third Reich, Wittmann said it nicely on his website and i quote:

Naval dirks were normally produced of gilded brass fittings and scabbard, with white grip and bright blade often having nautical theme etchings. The scabbard was produced with a engraved lighting bolt pattern or had a hammered finish. The so-called 1st Model, actually a Model 1929, was equipped with a round pommel top. After 1938, Naval Dirks received a pommel change which depicted a closed-winged eagle which clutched a wreathed swastika. These dirks are often found with a portepee, i.e. a decorative tassel wrapped about the grip.

This one although a mini has been produced with great care and craftmanship, it even has cross grain!
    Its razor sharp and bright as can be!
    The dagger can be taken apart just like an Original M1929.
    If it werent for the discolored portepee wire ( silver wire has build up a lovely dark patina) it were completely mint.
    It has an inbetween glass grip, just like my Klaas Heer dagger has!
    Enjoy this lovely piece that only measeures 21.5 cm
    Regards,
    Ger
    Riechsmarine 1st model Miniature in mint condition with porteepeRiechsmarine 1st model Miniature in mint condition with porteepeRiechsmarine 1st model Miniature in mint condition with porteepeRiechsmarine 1st model Miniature in mint condition with porteepeRiechsmarine 1st model Miniature in mint condition with porteepeRiechsmarine 1st model Miniature in mint condition with porteepeRiechsmarine 1st model Miniature in mint condition with porteepeRiechsmarine 1st model Miniature in mint condition with porteepeRiechsmarine 1st model Miniature in mint condition with porteepeRiechsmarine 1st model Miniature in mint condition with porteepeRiechsmarine 1st model Miniature in mint condition with porteepeRiechsmarine 1st model Miniature in mint condition with porteepeRiechsmarine 1st model Miniature in mint condition with porteepeRiechsmarine 1st model Miniature in mint condition with porteepe

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Riechsmarine 1st model Miniature in mint condition with porteepe
    P
    Many

?

That's a great piece! You can clearly see the craftsmanship. The detail on such a small object is amazing

Danny

Oh man! That is a wonderful piece. Hold on to that fo sho

Even on the Mini types the crossgrain is nice . Great find Ger .
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Great condition this one.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

Beautiful piece.
    Any idea who could be the maker ?
    Maybe Alcoso ?

Regards

?

A very nice dagger Mr H...I agree with the rest of lads that the craftmanship is top dollar...The scabbard is amazing with all that detail on it. So well done another great find.. & excellent photos too as well. Cheers Terry.

?

Ger,

Thats a sweet little naval dirk mate with fine detail

Congrats !

Regards Mac 66.

?

Thank you all Gents for the nice words! its appreciated!!

Regards,
    Ger

#Ivan there are no internal markings on the tang so to be honest i got no idea who made this one!

?

Love that lil baby!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com