Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine 2nd model P.D. Luneschloss dagger with orange grip

Article about: Here is a rough condition Navy Dagger I bought 3 or 4 years ago, just found it in a box..I don't know what I was thinking at the time as I paid \\$160 for, seem like a good idea at the time I

?

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model P.D. Luneschloss dagger with orange grip

Here is a rough condition Navy Dagger I bought 3 or 4 years ago, just found it in a box..I don't know what I was thinking at the time as I paid $160 for, "seem like a good idea at the time"
    I wish ebay would be a bit more open, can put it there.
    If there is any interest I may list it on the selling thread here, still trying to work that out as I cannot find the other item I listed.

One question, why are there different colours of the grips?

Sorry for the quality of the photos, my 11 year old camera is acting up, may have to buy a new one!!

Kriegsmarine 2nd model P.D. Luneschloss dagger with orange gripKriegsmarine 2nd model P.D. Luneschloss dagger with orange gripKriegsmarine 2nd model P.D. Luneschloss dagger with orange gripKriegsmarine 2nd model P.D. Luneschloss dagger with orange gripKriegsmarine 2nd model P.D. Luneschloss dagger with orange grip

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model P.D. Luneschloss dagger with orange grip
    P
    Many

Colors of navy dagger grips depend on the standard of the manufacturer.
    Mainly there was two colors - white (Eickhorn,Horster...), and orange. (WKC, Luneschloss....., In TR era of navy daggers.)

Regards
    Vedran
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model P.D. Luneschloss dagger with orange grip   Kriegsmarine 2nd model P.D. Luneschloss dagger with orange grip  

Hi Dean ..Wow!!...a rare maker..sad to see it in the condition it is in. The grip is missing the wire that wraps around it. as far as the color of the grip is concerned....I will Include a Tom Wittmann description below:

"Colored grips were normally produced of a solid synthetic material. They were probably a yellow color when new . as most will show signs of originality having had a lighter color..later toned to somewhat darker,,varying shades of orange.
    the celluloid / trolon color pigmentation of this period was somewhat unstable, and could change hue after prolonged exposure to light. Some grips, however, seem to be of an even toned orange color throughout, and appear to have been originally molded in this slightly darker color.
    It is there for conceivable that a true orange color may have been offered. There is no information pointing to this , however, has been found in period catalogs.
    As many collectors will attest, the deeper tones found on solid celluloid grips are most appealing and therefore desirable. ( End Quote Tom Wittmann ) Pg 325 " Exploring The Dress daggers of the German Navy"

Your camera Dean....is fine and has done the job enough to see the detail in the photos. Its a shame there is no scabbard with it. The cross guard and grip are badly abused. Someone..IMO purposely took the wire off the grip. Other opinions welcome. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thank you guys! There is also a chip out of the grip, well at least the Eagle and Rototiller are in good shape!! I guess that could be used to replace one that had the swazi ground out.
    Shame it is not in better condition, however it is what it is.

Dean O
    Ajax Canada

My advice is - do not disassemble it, clean it, or put on him the some repro parts.
    Your dagger is a nice part of history, let it stay in these condition.

Regards
    Vedran

?

Thanks R66, however I do not collect this sort of German Items, only German WW2 Ordnance.
    So I will list it on the for sale forum here, and maybe someone else can use it.

Dean O