Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Kreigsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with hammered scabbard

Article about: I am posting this thread and pics as a favor to a friend who does not collect Third Reich militaria, but has inherited several items from his grandfather's estate. The dagger looks good, but

Default Kreigsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with hammered scabbard

I am posting this thread and pics as a favor to a friend who does not collect Third Reich militaria, but has inherited several items from his grandfather's estate. The dagger looks good, but my one concern is the red felt at the base of the blade. I have read that felt was used on repros, and authentics should have leather at the base. Is that correct? I'm a novice at best on daggers, especially Kreigsmarine, and don't want to give him bad info, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated by us. Hoping for good news! Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kreigsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with hammered scabbard   Kreigsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with hammered scabbard  

Kreigsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with hammered scabbard   Kreigsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with hammered scabbard  

Kreigsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with hammered scabbard   Kreigsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with hammered scabbard  

Kreigsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with hammered scabbard  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kreigsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with hammered scabbard
    P
    Many

Default re: Kreigsmarine 2nd model WKC etched dagger with hammered scabbard

PS: Forgot to add that my second concern is the "Flat Top" the Eagle has. Haven't been able to find a "Flat Top" on any other KM dagger.

I don't know anything about these either but the eagle does look kind of odd, and i don't like the way the underside of the guards don't match the top half in detail, (pic 15) but thats just my thoughts, i hope it is genuine. Regards,

Phill

Looks fine to me. A typical WKC flat-head eagle pummel with the usual sloppy details and in a nice up-graded hammered finish scabbard with screws that look totally unturned. The red felt is perfectly normal and belongs there. Looks like a nice clean WKC KM there. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

William is totally correct.

Great dagger!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

very nice dagger indeed no worries there i wouldnt mind having it in my collection
    cheers Ronnie

Quote by 85ronnies View Post
    very nice dagger indeed no worries there i wouldnt mind having it in my collection
    cheers Ronnie
    I already asked, he won't sell it! Wish he would.

My friend asked what its value would be. I told him maybe $700-1000 but that was just a guess. Anyone have a more accurate range?

In the nice condition it's in and the pebbled sheath-but with no knot, I'd value this one at more in the 1400 range with 1500 being high end on a good day.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

That is one super KM , that hammered scabbard is in mint condition and you don`t see `em like that to often , nice etching on the blade and there looks to be some nice gilt left on the fittings , i love it
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...