Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched daggers with white and orange grip

Article about: Hi guys, I would like to show you two of my recent finds. Although I do have some nice WKC navies in my collection I just couldn't resist adding these two beauties to the collection. The ora

?

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched daggers with white and orange grip

Hi guys, I would like to show you two of my recent finds. Although I do have some nice WKC navies in my collection I just couldn't resist adding these two beauties to the collection. The orange gripped one has the early style pommel and the early sailing ship etch. A very nice combination that is very hard to find in todays marked. The white gripped one is a textbook example with the well known typical WKC eagle with the square backside of the head. Both have beautiful patinaed portepees that give each kriegsmarine dagger a little extra. Enjoy the pictures.

Danny
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched daggers with white and orange grip   Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched daggers with white and orange grip  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched daggers with white and orange grip   Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched daggers with white and orange grip  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched daggers with white and orange grip   Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched daggers with white and orange grip  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model WKC etched daggers with white and orange grip
    P
    Many

Sharp and crisp are the details of these 2 beauties..Danny..as is your excellent photography. Nice to see the same producer offering 2 different scabbard variants. These Kriegsmarine daggers stand alone in aesthetic appeal. Works of Art above other Edged types. Thankyou for sharing these. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Fantastic pieces Danny, specially the one with the dark grip.
    I know the feeling when you cannot resist

Regards

?

Danny i love those potepee's that have been there forever!
    The orange grip ones are getting harder to find each year.
    I like the early pommel on the orange one, makes it look a lot like the one Alcoso used, which i think is an outstanding design!
    Nice to see the engraved scabbard band eyelits.
    Now the acorn on the scabbardbands of the hammered one are clear to see

Congratz my friend, you found 2 lovely daggers, soon they will have an almost brother too

Ger

?

Thanks for the kind comments guys! I agree that the design of the kriegsmarinedagger is very beautiful. No wonder since the navy was the first branche of the german military that had dressdaggers worn by officers. The first ones go back to aprox. 1800! It took the other branches more than a hundred years to follow this example. Lucky for us edged weapons collectors

Danny

Full gilding on both too, no less! That hammered sheath Sailing Ship etch is a Particular beauty! An excellent pair by anyone's standards! Nice!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Beautiful, I love those dirty looking portepees they speak of the years they have been there and contrast lovely with the shiny gold gilding, great daggers.

?

Beauties Danny!
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com