Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Kriegsmarine 2nd model WMW dagger with orange grip

Article about: Hi guys here is the dagger which is probably not good,but wanna to show anyway for more opinions.

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model WMW dagger with orange grip

Hi guys
    here is the dagger which is probably not good,but wanna to show anyway for more opinions.

Kriegsmarine 2nd model WMW dagger with orange gripKriegsmarine 2nd model WMW dagger with orange gripKriegsmarine 2nd model WMW dagger with orange gripKriegsmarine 2nd model WMW dagger with orange gripKriegsmarine 2nd model WMW dagger with orange gripKriegsmarine 2nd model WMW dagger with orange gripKriegsmarine 2nd model WMW dagger with orange gripKriegsmarine 2nd model WMW dagger with orange gripKriegsmarine 2nd model WMW dagger with orange gripKriegsmarine 2nd model WMW dagger with orange gripKriegsmarine 2nd model WMW dagger with orange gripKriegsmarine 2nd model WMW dagger with orange gripKriegsmarine 2nd model WMW dagger with orange gripKriegsmarine 2nd model WMW dagger with orange gripKriegsmarine 2nd model WMW dagger with orange grip

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model WMW dagger with orange grip
    P
    Many

Hello Stingray. I can see why you feel uneasy about this piece. The pommel eagle looks a bit off and the max weyersberg logo I believe should have waffen below it? My second model luftwaffe dagger is a wmw and the logo is different having the waffen below and the overall appearance of the logo is cleaner. Having said that the cross guard and handle look convincing in the pictures. Looking on the Wittman site he does have a unetched unmarked bladed km example, perhaps this is a pieced together dagger with some original parts and the WMW stamped in; being that it would be an easier makers mark to try and copy? But I defer to the blade gurus opinion on final determination. Best regards.

Brian

Kriegsmarine 2nd model WMW dagger with orange gripKriegsmarine 2nd model WMW dagger with orange grip

The makers mark on my 2nd model luftwaffe, and the example from germandaggers.com.
    I'm beginning to wonder if wmw even manufactured KM daggers? it's difficult to find examples if they did. Best regards again.

Brian

?

Unfortunate WMW has never produced KM daggers, its a put together partsdagger with a postwar added WMW logo.

Sorry Ivan.....

Ger

?

Hi Ivan.
    I agree with Ger. I have also never seen a navy dagger by WMW. In my opinion is it an unmarked KM dagger by WKC with a probably replaced grip or maybe was the blade replaced. Swastika looks strange as well. I think it was also replaced. Who, when and for what has stamped the blade with WMW letters is a mystery for me.
    Best,
    Oleg.
    Last edited by thebig; 06-27-2017 at 12:04 PM.