Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Paul Weyersberg etched daggeer with questionable scabbard

Article about: Hey everyone! Happy New Year. Will some of you chime in and tell me if this dagger looks 100% original? It's in rough shape but the price is right if it is good, plus I've never had one befo

Default Kriegsmarine 2nd model Paul Weyersberg etched daggeer with questionable scabbard

Hey everyone! Happy New Year. Will some of you chime in and tell me if this dagger looks 100% original? It's in rough shape but the price is right if it is good, plus I've never had one before so it's good enough for now! Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine 2nd model Paul Weyersberg etched daggeer with questionable scabbard   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Paul Weyersberg etched daggeer with questionable scabbard  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Paul Weyersberg etched daggeer with questionable scabbard   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Paul Weyersberg etched daggeer with questionable scabbard  

Kriegsmarine 2nd model Paul Weyersberg etched daggeer with questionable scabbard   Kriegsmarine 2nd model Paul Weyersberg etched daggeer with questionable scabbard  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine 2nd model Paul Weyersberg etched daggeer with questionable scabbard
    P
    Many

Default re: Kriegsmarine 2nd model Paul Weyersberg etched daggeer with questionable scabbard

Very Salty 2nd model KM dagger . Paul Weyersberg.
    But original.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

?

Default re: Kriegsmarine 2nd model Paul Weyersberg etched daggeer with questionable scabbard

Not just salty but a ruined blade with deep pitting, hope its nice and cheap

If the price is right I would buy it.
    This is a hard to find maker for these.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Hey guys, thanks. Obviously, the blade looks terrible. What's the right price? He wants $300 for it in this condition.

Hi DSforce!,, I am concerned with the scabbard as there are 2 different carrying bands and the upper looks like it is not original as that one would be the easier of the 2 to replace. The other issue I see is plain scabbard ( no lightning bolt design or hammered ) Even the 1921 style scabbards had the lightning bolt design.
    The blade is in bad condition and would be hard to clean up due to the etch on the blade. I cant tell in the photos if thats rust or corrosion. IMO I would have to say the dagger is period,, but the scabbard does not belong with it and that upper carrying band has been replaced.

Anything is possible in this hobby as new evidence does surface from time to time,, but there is no solid proof that I know of that plain scabbards were issued. Plain blades......yes absolutely on some makers. I hope it is a VERY REASONABLE price,, if your heart is set on it. Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I have to agree with Larry, i've never seen a completely plain 2ND model KM scabbard, plus it looks as if both ring collars were forced on from the bottom of the scabbard due to the deep ridges left in the metal, unfortunately the blade IMO is so badly affected it would be almost impossible to clean without a great deal of damage being done, and for another $100-150 you could get a half decent one with a much better blade and proper scabbard

Thanks a lot for the info guys. I will pass unless I can get him way down on the price. I'm not set on buying it but I will almost always go for a good deal. Just ask my wife about all of the stuff I've stockpiled!

I can't imagine what happened to this blade, but it looks like it's almost a ground dug. Then, with the oddball scabbard, it makes me wonder if this isn't a parts dagger, as the scabbard, in my opinion, isn't a KM scabbard, but apparently fits the blade. The blade is in terrible condition, but the fragile Grip looks to be perfect?? The gilding is totally gone on All of the parts and who knows what all else is not right on this piece, but if you are looking for a genuine KM that's been carried and has Been there, this is Not the dagger for you. As others have said, at $300 you could add abit more on and get a non-controversial sure thing dagger, rather than this questionable one.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Agree with the above comments.
    Not a textbook scabbard, blade is completely ruined.
    Pommel looks to be a genuine weyersberg one, but otherwise not a collectable item.
    better search for a good one, this one will not be sellable in the future.

cheers,
    Ger

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast