Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Group of four Kriegsmarine 2nd model daggers in my collection - Real or Unreal ?

Article about: Again,they look great and if you are still unsure send them to me i will take a good look at them !!IN MY DISPLAY CASE ...HA HA JUST PLAYING.. STEVE IF ANYTHING MAYBE THE ROPE THING MIGHT ME

Default Group of four Kriegsmarine 2nd model daggers in my collection - Real or Unreal ?

Here are 4 Navy daggers for comment/critique.

After a few years to mull over them, I think there may be a lot wrong with
    most. Three are maker marked, and one looks like the name has been
    ground off. One also has a 'Battleship Blade' which I am lead
    to believe is fake..........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Group of four Kriegsmarine 2nd model daggers in my collection - Real or Unreal ?   Group of four Kriegsmarine 2nd model daggers in my collection - Real or Unreal ?  

Group of four Kriegsmarine 2nd model daggers in my collection - Real or Unreal ?  
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 07-29-2010 at 02:04 AM.
    Regards,

Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Group of four Kriegsmarine 2nd model daggers in my collection - Real or Unreal ?
    P
    Many

Default re: Group of four Kriegsmarine 2nd model daggers in my collection - Real or Unreal ?

Three maker logos and unique navy knots on the portipees................
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Group of four Kriegsmarine 2nd model daggers in my collection - Real or Unreal ?   Group of four Kriegsmarine 2nd model daggers in my collection - Real or Unreal ?  

Group of four Kriegsmarine 2nd model daggers in my collection - Real or Unreal ?   Group of four Kriegsmarine 2nd model daggers in my collection - Real or Unreal ?  

Regards,

Steve.

Default re: Group of four Kriegsmarine 2nd model daggers in my collection - Real or Unreal ?

It is very hard to photograph a 'battleship blade'.
    The last is 'Paul Weyersberg' with scabbard.

Regards,

Steve.

?

wow!! they are very nice !! i guess what and see what some of the experts say? i love them thanks for showing them steve....

You are very welcome, Pammy !

Hope it was worth the wait.
    Regards,

Steve.

?

yes it was !! they are great no matter what they are so pretty!! i might have to switch from luft to navy...

Hi Steve, to be honest I don't see any real problems with any of these?

But I will have to defer comment on the battleship blade to someone who has experience with these, as it is not something I know about.

Cheers, Ade.

Steve, not one to muse over Third Reich thingies.......but ive allways thought that the Navy daggers are just something special, you have an outstanding selection !.....now if only I can find an Imperial version within my current budget !

Quote by Oradour View Post
    Steve, not one to muse over Third Reich thingies.......but I've always thought that the Navy daggers are just something special, you have an outstanding selection !.....now if only I can find an Imperial version within my current budget !
    Thank you, Steve !

Budget was of no concern to me at the time. Today however, is a whole new ball game !

I love their slender blades !
    Last edited by Walkwolf; 07-29-2010 at 09:24 PM.
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Steve, to be honest I don't see any real problems with any of these?

But I will have to defer comment on the battleship blade to someone who has experience with these, as it is not something I know about.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanks for keeping my hopes up, Ade !

I have concerns with the Eichorn and E. Pack logos because they are simple but rather weak
    and/or shallow impressions. I also remember reading somewhere that battleship and
    submarine etched blades, or any blades with an eagle and swastika on them
    were never produced during the TR, but it was reasonably priced !

The 'unmarked' one was meddled with and the maker erased for some reason, so it seems
    kind of obvious now. ( I didn't notice the light scuff marks on the ricasso until I got home
    and inspected it closer ! )

It is also possible the portipee on the Weyersberg is a repro.
    Regards,

Steve.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast