Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Crank catch Kreigsmarine buckle?

Article about: please help identify this buckle. I have looked all over the web to find this particular buckle, but have not found another example. Notice the belt retainer bar welded on the backside of th

dr3wo
    ?

Default Crank catch Kreigsmarine buckle?

please help identify this buckle. I have looked all over the web to find this particular buckle, but have not found another example. Notice the belt retainer bar welded on the backside of the buckle. I have not seen another with this type of bar.
    Can anyone identify this buckle? Any idea of its value?

I just came across the buckle in an old box that I had saved since childhood. I don't remember how I came to own it.
    thanks guys
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Crank catch Kreigsmarine buckle?   Crank catch Kreigsmarine buckle?  

2. # ADS

Default re: Crank catch Kreigsmarine buckle?

Looks like a steel KM buckle...what are the markings on the edge of the buckle? C.T.D. perhaps? My old eyes can't make it out....

Rob

p38
    ?

hello

a good CTD1942 steel gilt buckle for KM

congrats.

best
    Emmanuel

Interesting buckle and hard to get hold of, can you post pics of the makers mark?
    Ben

My old eyes can make out the C.T.D. 1942.....I have a similar buckle (not crank catch though) marked C.T.D. 1941.....Here's a quick shot for comparison's sake...eagle's head looks the same...but my maker mark does not have the periods between each letter and the serif might be different. Same eagle though by the looks of it.
    Cheers!
    Rob
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Crank catch Kreigsmarine buckle?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Crank catch Kreigsmarine buckle?  Crank catch Kreigsmarine buckle?