Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Kriegsmarine buckle?

Article about: Colleagues, hello! I ask the help in definition of the given buckle to KM or refutations of this myth. It seems that new color.

Default Kriegsmarine buckle?

Colleagues, hello! I ask the help in definition of the given buckle to KM or refutations of this myth. It seems that new color.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine buckle?   Kriegsmarine buckle?  

Kriegsmarine buckle?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Kriegsmarine buckle?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Kriegsmarine buckle?

Looks like a KM to me.
    Tom

Nothing wrong with it, H Arld made KM buckles, H Arld marked tab and a typical H Arld eagle, good find
    Ben

?

Hey Ben, what has come over you?

Arld has produced indeed buckles for the KM but I personally know only fieldgrey painted aluminium or steel examples!
    And we are pretty sure that Sieper is the only known maker who produced aluminium gold washed "GOTT MIT UNS" buckles for the KM!

We saw a similar buckle before! It was a simple Heer buckle and it turned out that someone has sanded off the pebbling and painted it afterwards in a gold colour.

I think we need here better pics of the obverse side!

Best,
    Guido

You are indeed right Guido, if my memory serves me right this one came to light on the Waf some time ago, Sieper was the only maker you used the gold wash the rest were gold guilt CTD etc, Arld buckle were the field grey ones. Sorry guys, my mistake, mind fart!!!!
    Ben

ок. in the near future I will make better photos of the obverse side.

The buckle does appear to have the KM stamp on the tab - but that could have been added to the buckle given the lack of thread on it....I agree that only R.S.S. made the alum. versions. I don't have an Arld example...but I do have a CTD steel made KM as well as a Berg & Nolte KM stamped buckle.

Here are a couple pics showing my KM buckles.....
    Attached Images Attached Images Kriegsmarine buckle?  Kriegsmarine buckle? 

The CTD buckle looks in good nick Rob, is the reverse as good a s the obverse?
    Ben

Hi Ben.....Here's are a few more pics of the CTD steel....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Kriegsmarine buckle?   Kriegsmarine buckle?  

Kriegsmarine buckle?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Kriegsmarine buckle?  Kriegsmarine buckle?  Kriegsmarine buckle?  Kriegsmarine buckle?  Kriegsmarine buckle? 

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast