Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Reichswehr Marine belt buckle genuine?

Article about: This belt buckle Reichswehr Marine is made of brass and brass buckles Army no longer manufactured during this period. May be original or a fake postwar. I want to know the opinion of experie

Default Reichswehr Marine belt buckle genuine?

This belt buckle Reichswehr Marine is made of brass and brass buckles Army no longer manufactured during this period. May be original or a fake postwar. I want to know the opinion of experienced collectors.
    Thanks to all moderators and collectors!
    Attached Images Attached Images Reichswehr Marine belt buckle genuine?  Reichswehr Marine belt buckle genuine? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichswehr Marine belt buckle genuine?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Reichswehr Marine belt buckle genuine?

The construction of the box looks good, but I cannot remember seeing a two piece Reichsheer marine before, I will have a look throiugh my archives tomorrow I am at work at the moment on nights
    Ben

?

I have had several Reichsheer buckles with this type construction so I can't see any reason there shouldn't be a Marine buckle with the same construction. Here is a smooth field Reichsheer buckle I got last fall.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichswehr Marine belt buckle genuine?   Reichswehr Marine belt buckle genuine?  

The extremely fine detailing and background certainly looks authentic to me, but Reichswehr buckles are not my main field, of course.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hello,

this buckle looks good to me also, but it is certainly a private purchase one, as all the regulations buckle that i have seen were made of brass struck in one piece, not with a soldered medaillon

Anyway, regulation or private purchase Reichsmarine buckles are scarce and very desirable items

After looking through my archive pics I cannot find a buckle like this, but I like the the above theory that it is a private purchase piece
    Ben

The model Reichsmarine brass buckle exist without medallion, one piece.
    Attached Images Attached Images Reichswehr Marine belt buckle genuine?  Reichswehr Marine belt buckle genuine? 

Noch einmal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichswehr Marine belt buckle genuine?   Reichswehr Marine belt buckle genuine?  

Ben

I am not saying 100% that it is a suspect buckle but in all my years of collecting I have nevered considered a two piece brass Reichsheer buckle to be ligit. There are a number of them floating around out there some w/3 solder points( a easy spot as fake ) and some w/only 2 solder points. I do agree that the box looks good but I still would stay away from it. All the Reichsheer Marine buckjles that I know of are one piece brass, smooth faced box. Also the steel smooth faced box one piece buckles are controversial from the standpoint of what they are. Some say first production and others (myself included ) say land based Marine i.e the TR version of Coastal artillery. The nickel/silver smooth faced two piece buckle shown is a very tough parade buckle to find. In any event an interesting topic.

Bill