Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

1957 KVK 1 Real or fake

Article about: Hello everybody, on a Dutch ebay i have found a KVK 1 , the 1957 model. Is this an original peace, or a reproduction Thanks for the help ? Kvk??? - Militaria | Tweede Wereldoorlog - Marktpla

Nathan Marcus
    ?

Default 1957 KVK 1 Real or fake

Hello everybody,
    on a Dutch ebay i have found a KVK 1 , the 1957 model.
    Is this an original peace, or a reproduction
    Thanks for the help

? Kvk??? - Militaria | Tweede Wereldoorlog - Marktplaats.nl

Click on the link, for the medal

- Nathan

2. # ADS

Hi Nathan and welcome to the forum,
    It's bad fake. Hardware is wrong and it looks like a cast copy. Keep in mind that the marked ones are either marked with mm '3' or mm '4' only, but they are scarce especially the S&L version.

There are some fine originals in the BW subsection for you to compare.

Best regards,
    Nick

PS: It's better you upload the photos to the forum. When the link expires, this thread will be useless........
    Last edited by Nick Hessens; 06-27-2014 at 04:21 AM.

Nathan, Nick is absolutely correct re this KvK I ! (the medal not Nick !) the amount of fake cast 1957 awards on auction sites (Especially E-BAY) is staggering !! there are more of them than the real thing............easy to spot, if you know what to look for, read all you can and go through the pages here on the Bundeswehr sub section, and of course, show any awards/medals here for discussion and for the thumbs up (or down) on any 57er award/meda you are unsure of......for starters I recommend Nicks excellent thread on rear hardware (pins/hinges/catches) here
    Distinguishing early/late 57er hardware...
    I have added the images from Nathens link showing this KvK I in question................................with typical "fake" markings, never seen on any original 1957 award/medal.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1957 KVK 1 Real or fake   1957 KVK 1 Real or fake  

Nathan Marcus
    ?

Thanks everybody for the help! I appreciatie it, i did not buy this medal. Thanks! - Nathan

?

It is the strange colour that stands out for me!! On Ebay I think they must try to make them look old ie 1957!! & it isn't working for me..If you are going to but any 57's post them on here & you won't go far wrong. Cheers Terry.