MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

57er attributed KvK I with Swords...........

Article about: Gentlemen, a couple of nice groupings appeared on E-Bay Deutschland over the Christmas week, one for a Legion Condor veteran (sadly unnamed as yet) and a set comprising of a mini chain, frac

Default 57er attributed KvK I with Swords...........

Gentlemen, a couple of nice groupings appeared on E-Bay Deutschland over the Christmas week, one for a Legion Condor veteran (sadly unnamed as yet) and a set comprising of a mini chain, frack bar and loose awards (both 57ers and original Hungarian and Rumanian awards) for a BW Oberstleutnant Walter Gericke, an Artillery Major in WW2 attached to A.O.K.6, Army Group South, Eastern front.....seconded to a Hungarian unit "Königlichen Ungarischen I. Schnellkorps" in 1941 as an Oberleutnant..interesting set with paperwork provenance.............
    I got four of the Legion Condor vets items (I will post upon receipt) and Gericke's "KvK 1 mit Schwerten" shown below, St uL made piece, early around 1960 IMO, with solid hinge, IMO from around 1960...the pin is shorter than my other KvK by St u L from the same period...I have tried to show the frosted with polished almost plated highlights !..........unfortunately due to heavy expenses over the Christmas period I was unable to secure more items (although I did bid !) as these sets were broken up into separate auctions
    It appears that Gericke was awarded the BvK am Bande 14/4/1978, although this award was not offered in the group or to date from the seller........
    My first "attributed" KvK !
    Prost !Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 57er attributed KvK I with Swords...........   57er attributed KvK I with Swords...........  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 57er attributed KvK I with Swords...........
    P
    Many

Here is the original Gericke grouping as sold on Hermann Historica site...........also show a small image of Gericke (top standing by a field cannon) from a photo album, also sold by HH.
    I am the moment hoping to add Gerickes EK I to my collection, as I am in negotiations with the buyer.....fingers crossed.
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 57er attributed KvK I with Swords...........   57er attributed KvK I with Swords...........  

Nice frosty attributed KvK1, congrats Steve! The EK1 won't come cheap knowing the buyer......

Regards

?

Very nice Steve...... Cheers Terry.

that's a beauty.

The buyer of Gericke's EK I was a member on WAF, who is letting me purchase the piece from him at the price he paid so the two can be re-united, a big thanks to Andrew (Iron Cross Militaria) for such a selfless act, he is a Gentlemen so as you can imagine I am very happy !! I regret not bidding on the frack bar and mini chain....but it was Christmas, and therefore a heavy financial month !
    Here's Gericke's EK I.....................
    Prost ! Steve.

57er attributed KvK I with Swords...........   57er attributed KvK I with Swords...........  

and reunited with his KvK I with swords
    Prost ! Steve.

57er attributed KvK I with Swords...........  

Well done. Maybe you could ask the seller to whom the medal bar/chain went?

Regards

Thanks Nick ! I wish I knew who had bought it.........but I guess I will have to wait and see if it surfaces, either back on E Bay or on a forum !
    Then I shall make an offer they can not refuse !
    Prost ! Steve.