Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Cased KVK 1st Class with Uberkarton!

Article about: Just got this one in the mail. Im very pleased and all looked good But like I have said before im no expert, been collecting medals for a few months now. I try to study the items i buy and c

Default Cased KVK 1st Class with Uberkarton!

Just got this one in the mail.
    Im very pleased and all looked good But like I have said before im no expert, been collecting medals for a few months now.

I try to study the items i buy and compare, takes me allot of time before i buy something because I want to get it right.
    I dont buy allot of badges/medals but try to find some nice ones (im my eyes).

I have no real direction or maker I pursue, more just pick up things I think look good or are a good deal.
    But maybe that will change as this gets more addicting.

I really like some opinions on the KVK from smarter collectors than me!
    Here are some pics and feel free to set me straight if i messed up hehe

Cased KVK 1st Class with Uberkarton!Cased KVK 1st Class with Uberkarton!Cased KVK 1st Class with Uberkarton!Cased KVK 1st Class with Uberkarton!Cased KVK 1st Class with Uberkarton!Cased KVK 1st Class with Uberkarton!Cased KVK 1st Class with Uberkarton!

Skál from Iceland!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cased KVK 1st Class with Uberkarton!
    P
    Many

The cross looks like an ok Deschler but I cant comment on the carton

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Case looks OK to me, the '621 KB' echoes my own KVK case example although the felt is a different color. No comment on the carton as it's out of my area.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cased KVK 1st Class with Uberkarton!  

Hi, Looks like a bloody good example of an attractive medal. The medal looks new, the case looks new and the box looks new, ergo, all contemporary. I would say that it is a sleeper and very desireable. I could be wrong but I have never seen the internal stampings nor the brown fishy glue on wrong cases. Spot on in my humble opinion.
    Well done, nice buy
    Regards Michael R

I believe the brown glue is gelatine based, not often found these days as most glues are chemically synthesised.

Right on!

Thanks guys, very reassuring! Nice to hear you opinions

The cross and box have suffered minor damage due to humidity I think, some staining inside of the box, and the cross itself has some minor "corrosion" , staining on the patina. Case looks like brand new, mint.

Its supposedly from the Deschler Hoard, but of course I got no proof of that.
    Im happy with it!

Thanks for your help

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Case looks OK to me, the '621 KB' echoes my own KVK case example although the felt is a different color. No comment on the carton as it's out of my area.

... and thanks for the ref picture Glenn (Y)