Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Denazified Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes?

Article about: I think this has roughly 0% chance of being genuine, but I'm posting here just in case it's a real one that someone has tried gold plating/painting at some point. I can't see the number on t

?

Default Denazified Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes?

I think this has roughly 0% chance of being genuine, but I'm posting here just in case it's a real one that someone has tried gold plating/painting at some point. I can't see the number on the loop, unfortunately.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rkkvk3.JPG 
Views:	129 
Size:	150.4 KB 
ID:	637502Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rkkvk2.JPG 
Views:	67 
Size:	109.2 KB 
ID:	637503Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rkkvk.JPG 
Views:	234 
Size:	147.7 KB 
ID:	637504

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

I think someone has 'denazified' it to hide the fact that it's a cast fake, but the opinion of a true expert is the only thing I trust at the moment! Thanks in advance.

?

I did a bit more research, and I realized that the ring is wrong, being made from a bent piece of wire, so none of this is original. Never mind, and apologies if I've wasted anyone's time.

?

Yes, this is a fake, it lacks the quality found on originals, there are several 'pimples' on the surface which is a bad sign and the makers mark should never be seen on the suspension loop. The ribbon is bad as well.

This is happening an awful lot on auction sites, especially E-Bay Germany, which is awash with them ! and the practice is spreading here......not content with trying to rip off collectors with out and out fakes of TR awards/badges and medals etc, the fakers have now decided it may be more lucrative to de-nazify those fakes, and sometimes "1957" them, in a further attempt to get you to spend your hard earned cash..........buyer beware !!!!!
    Prost !Steve.
    "The German Army is the perfectly adapted, perfectly running Machine. The difference is that the Germans are organised with a view to War...with the cold, hard, practical and business-like purpose of winning victories."
    G.W. Steevens - The Daily Mail (1897)

?

Thanks guys! I thought as much, but was concerned that it may be mostly fake rather than all fake. The scammers are getting better. People are less likely to closely scrutinize a denazified medal. I think the seller of the one pictured above was clueless, though.