Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Denazified Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes?

Article about: I think this has roughly 0% chance of being genuine, but I'm posting here just in case it's a real one that someone has tried gold plating/painting at some point. I can't see the number on t

?

Default Denazified Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes?

I think this has roughly 0% chance of being genuine, but I'm posting here just in case it's a real one that someone has tried gold plating/painting at some point. I can't see the number on the loop, unfortunately.

Denazified Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes?Denazified Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes?Denazified Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Denazified Ritterkreuz des Kriegsverdienstkreuzes?
    P
    Many

?

I think someone has 'denazified' it to hide the fact that it's a cast fake, but the opinion of a true expert is the only thing I trust at the moment! Thanks in advance.

?

I did a bit more research, and I realized that the ring is wrong, being made from a bent piece of wire, so none of this is original. Never mind, and apologies if I've wasted anyone's time.

?

Yes, this is a fake, it lacks the quality found on originals, there are several 'pimples' on the surface which is a bad sign and the makers mark should never be seen on the suspension loop. The ribbon is bad as well.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

This is happening an awful lot on auction sites, especially E-Bay Germany, which is awash with them ! and the practice is spreading here......not content with trying to rip off collectors with out and out fakes of TR awards/badges and medals etc, the fakers have now decided it may be more lucrative to de-nazify those fakes, and sometimes "1957" them, in a further attempt to get you to spend your hard earned cash..........buyer beware !!!!!
    Prost !Steve.

?

Thanks guys! I thought as much, but was concerned that it may be mostly fake rather than all fake. The scammers are getting better. People are less likely to closely scrutinize a denazified medal. I think the seller of the one pictured above was clueless, though.